By: Jake and George
1. Uranus was discovered in 1781.
2. Like Jupiter and Saturn, Uranus has an atmosphere made up of hydrogen and helium gases.
3. Also like Venus and Pluto, Uranus rotatates in a clockwise direction.
4. Ten of Uranus's moons and two of it's rings were discovered by VOYAGER 2.
5. VOYAGER 2 flew past Uranus in 1986.
6.This was about 5 years after it flew past Saturn.
7. Strong winds up to 725 kilometers (450 miles) per hour swirl around the planet.
8. Uranus does not give off much heat.