TVUSD Weekly Update #18
Planning and Request for Input - 2020/21 School Year
In This Issue
- Mental Health Awareness Month Video - A Heartfelt Reminder from TVUSD's Social Emotional Learning Team
- Update Re: County/State COVID19 Orders and Guidance
- 2020/21 School Year Schedule - What We Know
- Request for Input Regarding Learning Models for 2020/21 School Year
- Request and Guide to Complete Returning Registration/Annual Family Update for Current TVUSD Students
- How to Enroll New to TVUSD Students
- How to Enroll in TVUSD's Love to Learn Fee-Based Preschool
A Heartfelt Message from TVUSD's SEL Team - May is Mental Health Awareness Month
Update Re: County/State COVID19 Orders and Guidance
What Actions Did the County of Riverside Take?On Friday, May 8, 2020, the Riverside County Board of Supervisors voted to direct the rescission of most local health orders to align with the governor's statewide stay at home order. The board also voted to keep local orders in place for primary schools (i.e., grades K-12) to maintain closures through June 19, 2020. The board formally rescinded the mandate from the county to require face coverings; however, they noted they are still strongly recommended and that businesses can still require them. The board also rescinded local county mandates to require 6-feet of social distancing, however, noting it is strongly recommended and is still required as part of the governor's statewide stay at home order.
Does The County's Rescission Change Any Plans or Operations Within TVUSD?
No. The governor's statewide stay at home order is still in effect. You can view it here.
- TVUSD schools and buildings, per county order, remain physically closed through June 19, 2020.
- TVUSD, per the statewide order, requires social distancing.
- TVUSD, per the statewide order, limits public gatherings, which are included in phase 4 of the governor's plan.
- TVUSD, per county recommendations, requires a face mask or covering as a best practice when visiting a TVUSD school or department.
We know that there continues to be confusion between the various orders and guidelines. They also continue to change frequently. We will continue to keep you apprised as we receive guidance. For high school graduation production activities, all previously shared guidelines remain. You can view those guidelines here.
Additionally, the City of Temecula continues to share updates that are very helpful to our community. You can view those updates here.
Planning for the 2020/21 School Year
2020/21 School Year Information - What We Know
Request for Input on Learning Models for the 2020/21 School Year
Before you take the survey, please review the remainder of the newsletter for important information about the annual registration process for returning TVUSD students and enrollment for new students.
Returning Student Registration/Annual Family Update For Current TVUSD Students
How to Complete Annual Registration
WHAT IS IT?
All current TVUSD families must complete the annual family update/returning student registration for each student. While we are still working through COVID-19 restrictions and have some unknowns yet to resolve for the 2020/21school year, we are proceeding with our routine logistical planning items to help us prepare. We appreciate your assistance!
WHY DO WE NEED YOU TO COMPLETE THIS?
The reason for the annual registration is that:
- To ensure that your family and student(s) information is up to date. PLEASE make sure you update your email, cell phone, and any other pertinent contact information every time it changes. Otherwise, you will miss out on important information from the school and district.
- To advise that your current student(s) is planning on returning to TVUSD for the 2020/21 school year.
- To help the District appropriately plan for enrollment and necessary staffing, please complete as soon as possible, by August 1, 2020.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
It should only take you a few minutes to review and make the necessary updates.
HOW DO I COMPLETE THE ANNUAL FAMILY UPDATE?
- You can complete this through your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS OR USE YOUR REGULAR SAVED ACCESS LINK.
- Once logged into your account, click More on the left sidebar, then select Required Family-Annual Update on the bottom of the list. This will open the application. Select Click this bar to go to Existing Student Registration. You will see a green table with your student(s) listed. If for any reason your existing student(s) is missing or something is incorrect, DO NOT MOVE FORWARD. Click on the link provided in the application to request portal assistance. Once the staff has assisted and resolved the errors, you will be able to proceed.
- If all of your existing students are showing and you have a brand new student to register, you can add them during this process. Click on the ADD NEW STUDENT button on the student tab.
If any other information is incorrect or you have any other issues that require staff contact, please contact the Enrollment Center via the link here for assistance.
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT
How to Enroll and Resources
Step 1 - Locate Your Home School
If you are not sure of your home school, please click here. You will put in your address and the system will identify your home elementary, middle, and high school.
Step 2 - EnrollTVUSD is currently assisting new TVUSD families with enrollment for the 2020/21 school year. Our process is entirely online, and the staff is available to assist you remotely. Enrolling now will help us to appropriately staff classes and determine student and staff needs for the new school year. Please visit our enrollment website to begin the process today! https://www.tvusd.k12.ca.us/enroll2021
Have Questions or Need Assistance?
Please click here for our enrollment assistance center.
Enroll Now for TVUSD's Love to Learn Preschool @Alamos Elementary School
Ages and Eligibility
TVUSD’s Love to Learn Preschool will serve students ages 3-5.
- 3-year-olds must have their third birthday on or before September 1, 2020, for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Proof of Residency – Student must reside within TVUSD boundaries or parent must be a current TVUSD employee.
- Children must be independent when using the toilet; Pull-ups are not permitted.
Days/Hours of Operations
The Love to Learn Preschool follows the TVUSD adopted school calendar.
AM Class 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Full-Day Class 8:30 am - 3:00 pm (8:30 am – 12:30 pm on all modified days)
AM Class $125 per week (billed monthly)
Full-Day Class $200 per week (billed monthly)
Annual $50 non-refundable registration fee