February 7, 2023
"Where it's always a great day to be a Bison!"
A Note from Ms. Marlatt
February is here. We hope it brings warmer temperatures and more sunlight so our Bison can enjoy the playground equipment and outside recess more often.
This edition of the BisoNews is packed with information for you and your family. Please take a minute or two to read the information and don't hesitate to call our office if you have questions.
I appreciate our partnership on behalf of all the children that attend Second Creek Elementary. I have included a couple of videos in this newsletter. The first one is our Ownership Parade. Please help me congratulate the students nominated for their excellence in ownership behavior. The 2nd video is our "This Week at Second Creek", and it highlights what staff worked on that week (staff sends me pictures for this video). I am always amazed at the hard work of our staff, and the many smiles on the students' faces. It proves that it really is always a great day to be a Bison at Second Creek!
Thank you for sharing your children with us!
Glow Dance - Sponsored by PTO
One School - One Book Month-Long Event
Just a few reminders:
Every Friday in February, your child will have a home activity to complete. This is supposed to be fun for the whole family and a chance to connect.
The home activity should return to the classroom teacher on the following Tuesday.
Everything you need is on the link below!
READERS TODAY, LEADERS TOMORROW!
Stuart Middle Open House
Kindergarten Round Up
Pre-registration for parties will end on 2/10/23. NO REGISTRATIONS WILL TALE PLACE THE DAY OF THE PARTY. Please come by the office with your identification so we can help you register through our system. Maybe you already pre registered for this party when you registered for our Winter celebrations. In this case, you are good to go. You can always call the office to confirm your status. Thank you for helping our students and staff stay safe!
PTO - Come be a part of the fun!
If you are a returning family to Second Creek, you know our parking lot is small and needs special care during morning drop off and afternoon pick up. Thank you for contributing to the overall safety of our staff and students!
If you are a new family to Second Creek, please read the information below carefully. Staff (and sometimes Commerce City police) are out during morning drop off and afternoon dismissal to make sure everyone is safe.
Parents, it is very important that we do not park on the bus lane before or after school. Blocking the bus causes delays that go beyond our school.
Here are a few reminders about our drop off and pick up procedures. You know that Commerce City police pops in once in a while and issue tickets to vehicles that are not following our safety rules... so please make sure you are doing what you can do keep our students and staff safe!
- No parked cars in the "no parking zone" - which is by the sidewalk from the beginning of the parking lot all the way to the front doors. This is a fire lane and also a bus lane. There is NO PARKING anytime. Only drop off or pick up. We have noticed many cars parked waiting for the school to open in the morning, blocking the bus and causing lines of cars that go all the way outside the parking lot. Please drop off your student and go - no parking.
- Same rules apply for pick up after school.
- Students can be dropped off at 7:30am for breakfast eaters and 7:35am for non breakfast eaters. We do not have supervision for students who are dropped off before these times.
- Students must be picked up at 3:30pm every day. We do not have staff to supervise students after school.
- Let us know if you need information about our before and after-school program.
- Please only use the handicap parking if you have a handicap license.
- The Staff of the Month parking is for staff only at all times.
- PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF DRIVEWAYS!
We appreciate your cooperation!
A shout out to our sponsors!
The Landing Place Church
The Landin Place Church has donated brand new playground equipment to our student. They have donated our blue safety vests that staff wears. They gave also donated goodies and burritos to feed all of our staff.