Major Sources of water
You can get some fluid through the foods you eat. For example, broth soups and other foods that are 85% to 95% water such as celery, tomatoes, oranges, and melons.
- 30% of fresh water is in the ground.1
- Approximately 400 billion gallons of water are used in the United States per day.
- 780 million people lack access to an improved water source.
1/3 what the world spends on bottled water in one year could pay for projects providing water to everyone in need.
Unsafe water kills 200 children every hour.
Water weighs about 8 pounds a gallon.
It takes 120 gallons of water for one egg.
A jellyfish and a cucumber are each 95% water.
- "Water: Meeting Your Daily Fluid Needs." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 10 Oct. 2012. Web. 04 Jan. 2015.
- "Water - a Vital Nutrient - Better Health Channel." Better Health Channel. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Jan. 2015.
Water keeps you ..
W- Well fit
R-Ready to perform