Steering Committee/ Fall Advisory
Tuesday, October 15th 5pm
Our mission is to create a collaborative community that ensures all students achieve at high levels and graduate prepared to excel in a global society.
Locust Trace FCPS Mission
Locust Trace is a dynamic and innovative learning environment focused on agriscience*.
*Agriscience: The relevant application of scientific principles and practices in agriculture.
5pm-6pm Steering Committee Meeting
· Review 2012-2013 steering committee results
· Present sub-committee reports and next steps
The following are the six-month goals set by our steering committee and the sub-committees that agreed to work towards these goals (can also be seen in attached meeting minutes):
1. Build a culture of collaboration both externally and internally
· Internally-Locust Trace
· Externally-Ag business community and higher education
· Create a survey
Committee-David Helm, Jack Hayes, Janna Norton, Kari McGee, Miranda Woodall, Sara Tracy
2. Build a culture of robust two-way communication externally and internally.
Committee-same committee as collaboration
3. Provide a rigorous and relevant curriculum
Create and use a team of experts
Committee- Bob Quick, Brian Miller, David Helm, Darryl Thompson, Jack Hume, Jay Jackman
· New teacher introductions
· Document review
6pm-Fall Advisory Dinner served
· General discussion during dinner
· Breakout sessions to meet with program area instructors