PHS DECA Newsletter
Limitless opportunities in PHS DECA!
Dominating DECA Districts!
- Justin Cranford-11th in Principles of Business Management and Administration
- Kurt Metz-11th in Principles of Business Management and Administration
- Cody Hunter-1st in Marketing Communications
- Quentin Boots-8th in Marketing Communications
- Colin Rogers-8th in Business Services Marketing
- Jacob Schuessler-7th in Personal Financial Literacy
- John Adkins-3rd in Restaurant and Food Service Management
- Stanley Zhao-3rd in Restaurant and Food Service Management
- Addison Dorris-3rd in Hotel and Lodging
- Emily Rogers-2nd in Food Marketing
- Emma Gregory-5th in Quick Serve Restaurant Management
- Mackenzi Settles-8th in Quick Serve Restaurant Management
- Bethanie Bergman and Presley Cowan-3rd in Marketing Management Team Decision Making
- Alanna Herrington-2nd in Professional Selling
- Dalton Bandy and Avery Cranford were chosen to represent PHS at the Limitless Leadership Academy at DECA State. Gretchen McGuire and Jacey Burch were chosen to represent as Voting Delegates for our chapter at State. All four students placed high enough to score as alternates in their competitive events.
Special Awards and Honors were received by the following State Qualifiers:
- Emily Rogers-2nd place on Test and 1st place on Role Play 1 in Food Marketing
- Addison Dorris-2nd place on Test and 3rd place on Role Play 1 in Hotel and Lodging Management.
- Cody Hunter-1st place on Role Play 1 and 3rd Place on Role Play 2 in Marketing Communications
- Quentin Boots-1st place on Role Play 2 in Marketing Communications
- Bethanie Bergman and Presley Cowan-3rd place on Role Play in Marketing Management Team Decision Making
- Kurt Metz-3rd place on Role Play in Principles of Business Management and Administration
- Alanna Herrington-3rd place on Test and 1st place on presentation in Professional Selling
- Emma Gregory-2nd place on Role Play 1 in Quick Serve Restaurant Management
- Mackenzi Settles-2nd place on Role Play 2 in Quick Serve Restaurant Management
- Stanley Zhao-2nd place on Role Play 1 and 1st place on Role Play 2 in Restaurant and Food Services Marketing
In addition to the qualifiers from Districts, six students automatically qualified for the State competition based off their written marketing plans they created in the Honors Marketing 2/Honors Business Practicum class. Those students are:
- Emma Smith and Brianna West-Start Up Business Plan
- Katie Hardaway-Entrepreneurship Innovation Plan
- Allie Sutliff-Sports and Entertainment Promotion Plan
- Tannah Groves and Damon Wilson-Advertising Campaign
This is the largest group of PHS DECA competitors to ever qualify for the State Competition, and we are extremely excited to see how they perform next month!
State Qualifier in Hotel and Lodging
State Qualifier in Professional Selling
Bethanie Bergman and Presley Cowan
State Qualifiers in Marketing Management Team Decision Making.
State Qualifier in Business Services Marketing
State Qualifier in Food Marketing
Emma Gregory and Mackenzi Settles
State Qualifiers in Quick Serve Restaurant Management
State Qualifier in Personal Financial Literacy
Justin Cranford and Kurt Metz
State Qualifiers in Principles of Business Management and Administration.
Quentin Boots and Cody Hunter
State Qualifiers in Marketing Communications.
Stanley Zhao and John Adkins
State Qualifiers in Restaurant and Food Service Management.
We are so proud of all of our competitors for representing our school so well at the DECA District competition.
State Qualifiers proudly displaying their qualifying medals.
Upcoming PHS DECA Dates
DECA Competition Dates
March 7th-10th-DECA State Competition (Chattanooga, TN)
April 20th-25th-DECA International Competition (Atlanta, GA)
Scheduled practices will be posted on Ms. Allen's door and students can sign up to attend practices to help prepare for competition.
Thank you to our business partners!
Thank you to our new and returning business partners this school year. Without your support, our chapter would not be successful. Business partner certificates and shirts should have been delivered to your business by a DECA officer. If you have an interest in becoming a PHS DECA business partner, contact our advisor Mary Beth Allen at email@example.com.
Platinum Level Partners
Edward Jones Financial, Bill Robertson
The Farmers Bank
Volunteer State Bank
Gold Level Partners
The Barbeque Pit
Davis, Brown, and Company PLLC
Gilbert Funeral Home
Portland Prescription Shop
Portland Vision Clinic
Wally Gilliam Realty and Auction
Silver Level Partners
Calli Hume Photography
Sumner Employment Exchange