LRMS: Week at a Glance
February 15 - 19, 2016
Sayings from Skinner
PLEASE NOTE: Per many requests and some suggestions, I am trying a new format with the Week at a Glance . . . "Sayings from Skinner" will be the only "narrative" type info within the newsletter; "New You Can Use" will contain a bulleted list of just-in-time FYIs and Expectations -- the first of which is to read it and "live" by it (if you have questions, ask Sarah or an administrator); the Upcoming dates section will now have only a link to the School Calendar --- all employees are expected to refer there for dates/meetings/etc. -- and if you are having something or want it communicated, it needs to be sent to Amanda in a timely manner to make sure it is on the Staff School Calendar -- Let Sarah or your GL admin. know if you do/do not like this new format!
READING EMAILS is REQUIRED, particularly if we try to rely more on email and less on meetings --- "I didn't know is NOT an excuse!" -- Fulfill this professional duty, please!
News You Can Use
Read Here and Be "In the Know"
- To Andrea Murray & Cafeteria Staff: 100% on the latest Health Inspection
- To Nathan Martin, Ronnie Crews, Scott Hartley, Brigette Brown, Shamira Pierson-Porter, Jordyn Lavoie, Holli Krieger, & Kelsi Carter: GREAT Athletic Banquet
- Welcome to our new Stellar Sub: Ms. Nadine Lawrence
2) Title 1 Documents
- Required for HR Teachers to sign these out from Lisa Wells
- Distribute to ALL parents to get signatures
- Complete paperwork in a timely manner & resubmit to Lisa
- Questions? Ask Lisa
3) Black History Month Celebration Continues
- Participate in Hall Decorating Contest
- Participate in Black History Luncheon -- Friday, February 26 -- bring desserts to share
- Only LA teachers enter Literacy Data
- Only MA teachers (on team) enter Numeracy Data
- At least two data points per student should be entered by Friday, Feb. 26
- ALL teachers -- enact the Literacy Skills in classrooms; ALL ELT sections should be focused on math
5) STEAM Academy
- Share info. with students and parents
- Student Application on School Website/GL offices have a few hard copies
- Student Applications due Friday, Feb. 26
6) Bell-to-bell instruction required
- Instruction should be bell-to-bell in all classes.
- No "free time" -- no "recreation" time -- students should EARN rewards with academic action, progress, and success. Questions? Ask.
7) Hallway Duty (AM, PM, and during Class Changes) -- 20/20 rule
- Do NOT grade papers while on duty
- Do NOT have your laptop
- Keep eyes up & supervise student movement
- Be in your assigned place at least one minute prior to students arriving (be in your doorway and/or escorting students during class changes)
- If absent, leave details for your sub about your duty expectation -- and let Admin. know of your absence to ensure coverage for safety
- Enforce 20/20 rule --- NO students in hallways without a pass
- Improve monitoring on A/B transitions during Connections on Fridays
8) Early Release/ Follow-up on Progress Reports/Academic Contracts/Etc.
- Document Early Release conferences in the spreadsheet on shared drive
- Connections teachers SHOULD attend conferences (particularly of struggling students)
- Make sure each 4.5-week progress report came back with a signature
- Share Academic Contracts with parents & have them sign
- Discuss interventions -- and possible outcomes (not passing Milestones, summer school, retention) during conferences for struggling students
- Document ALL parent communication from this point on
- YOU have an Early Release Conference for YOUR child? Work with you GL AP on this -- and sign in and out at front office
9) Questions about Upcoming Events? Ask the right person!!
- Girls Academy Retreat -- February 27-28 -- -Counselors
- Black History Luncheon -- Februray 26 -- Member of the Black History Committee
- Paloozas -- February 26 -- Member of PBIS
- Advisements --- Member of Advisement Team
- Other questions -- ask your GL admin. or Sarah
Week at a Glance & Upcoming Events
Make sure ANY school-wide event that you need to share info. on gets to Amanda Sparks in a TIMELY manner (at least one week prior) to make it onto the calendar!!!!)