Spring Has Sprung
- During morning and afternoon drop-off/pick-up, all cars should go to the back entrance of Riverbend. The front parking lot is reserved for bus traffic only. If you are dropping off or picking up a student between the hours of 7:30-2:30, you can use the front entrance.
- Communication has been sent out regarding summer school and retention guidelines. Please keep an eye on your mailbox if your student may need to attend summer school.
- We have seen an increase in student discipline referrals encompassing a wide variety of behaviors. Please know that we will always follow the district policies outlined in our student handbook when addressing discipline issues. If you or your student are aware of anything that needs to be brought to the attention of our administrative team, please feel free to contact us with your concerns.
Important Calendar Dates
- 3/21-3/25: Spring Break (No School)
- 4/15-4/18: Easter Break
- 4/19-4/22: Parent/Teacher Conference Week (Teachers will be contacting you to set up appointments.)
News & Notes From Ms. Tomnitz's Class
In 7th grade English, students are finishing up a writing assignment that demonstrated their ability to form an opinion and argue its validity. After the writing assignment, we will be reading a Greek myth and a poem about that myth. We are also learning how to identify and label every part of speech in a sentence.
In accelerated English, students are working hard on their autobiography. It is important they make daily progress on this project. Please check Tyler SIS for any work that your child has a 0 grade. This indicates work not completed and has a very negative effect on the overall grade. Students have something to work on every day. Spring is upon us, and noses are running! If you would like to donate a box of tissues, we would greatly appreciate it. Have a wonderful Spring Break!
Congratulations to the 8th Grade Band/Percussion and the 7th Grade Percussion for their SUPERIOR and OUTSTANDING ratings earned at the Union Middle School Music Festival held earlier this month. Riverbend band students received many compliments from the various judges who listened to our performances. Way to go, band!
The Riverbend Band performance at the STL Cardinal game is quickly approaching . We will be playing the National Anthem at Busch Stadium prior to the game on Monday, April 25. More information will be sent home before Spring Break regarding ticket sales.
The Spring Band Concerts will take place in the Riverbend Gym on Monday, May 16. The 7th Grade Band will perform at 6:30 pm and the 8th Grade Band will perform at 7:30 pm (each group's performance will last approximately 30 minutes).