HYMAN FINE NEWS FLASH
February 26, 2023
Dear Hyman Fine Families,
I am not sure where the school year has gone but it seems to be flying by. HFES has lots happening the next couple of months. Please see events and flyers below.
In addition to our events we are starting to plan for next school year. Shortly after we return from break we will be holding our Kindergarten Information Night. If you, your neighbors, or know anyone who lives in Attleboro that has a child who will by 5 by September 1st, please share with them..
Important Information about MassHealth and SNAP Benefits:
In response to the COVID-19, MassHealth put protections in place that prevented members’ MassHealth coverage ending, and qualifying Massachusetts households began to receive extra SNAP at the beginning of each month to buy food. Due to recent action by the federal government, these protections and extra benefits will be ending soon. Please visit the Welcome Center website for more information on what you can do now.
20-24 - No School - Winter Break
27 - March 3rd - READ ACROSS AMERICA WEEK
2 - Kindergarten Information Night 6:30PM - 7:30PM
3 - Around The World at Hyman Fine 6:00PM - 8:00PM
7 - A Night to Discover - 6:00PM - 7:30PM AHS
16 - Grade 2 Show 6:30 PM
24 - Early Release Day - 12:25 PM
24 - Someone Special Dance 6:00PM - 8:00PM
29 - Grade 4 performs at AHS 6:00PM
3, 4 - MCAS - Grade 4 ELA
5, 6 - MCAS - Grade 3 ELA
7 - No School - Good Friday
14 - Early Release Day - 12:25 PM
17-21 No School - Spring Break
May 4: Grade 3 Show 6:30 PM
May 25: Grade 4 show 6:30 PM
Have a great week,
PTO - Update
PTO Announcements & Updates:
1) Super Bowl TV Raffle - Thanks to everyone who purchased a ticket! Over $3,000 of tickets were sold and a parent of a kindergartener was the lucky winner! Proceeds will support spring field trips and an upcoming Laser School Assembly.
2) The PTO recently purchased mobile book cases for the library. In addition, the sitting area near the library and Mrs. Traficante's office got an upgrade! Cardi's Furniture donated 6 chairs, a coffee table and an end table to make this space more comfortable for students. Many thanks to Cardi's for their generosity.
3) Mrs. Lemieux and Mrs. Bedrosian are organizing Around the World at Hyman Fine on March 3, 6-8pm. We hope families will participate in this exciting night of food, dance, arts and crafts. Flyers were sent home in students' folders.
4) The PTO is in need of volunteers to assist with the organization of upcoming events, including the Someone Special Dance and Teacher Appreciation Week. Please sign up to volunteer.
1) March 24: Someone Special Dance
Next PTO Meeting: March 9, 6:00pm
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hymanfineelementaryschoolpto where you can find updates on all PTO events, meetings, fundraisers, HF spirit wear, and school related information.
2022 - 2023 PTO Board Members:
Co-Presidents: Jenn Rosa and Ben Chalot
Vice President: Ashley Niland
Co-Secretaries: Bonnie Standring and Michelle Lewin
Co-Treasurers: Denise Desrosiers and Kelli Costa
APS Welcome Center & Community Flyers
APS Welcome Center
All APS Community Fliers can be found within the Welcome Center website. To view this week’s fliers, including information from throughout Attleboro please visit the Welcome Center webpage or click here for current fliers.
FYI - 2022 - 2023 MCAS DATES
2022-2023 MCAS DATES
Families with students in grades 3 and 4 - please note the dates below.ELA:
Grade 4 - April 3,4
Grade 3 - April 5,6
Grade 4 - May 8, 9
Grade 3 - May 10, 11
Rooms Communication App
You may notice that an additional button, called Rooms, will be visible at the bottom right of our Attleboro Public Schools mobile app. This button is part of our integrated system of communication and will allow for your child’s teachers/coaches/and other staff to share detailed information (assignments, special events, practice schedules, etc.). More information is forthcoming.
In addition to downloading the app, guardians will need to set up their accounts. This can be done by going to the link contained in the email sent to all guardians yesterday (and following the directions)
If you haven’t already done so, please download the APS app designed for mobile devices.
Download for Android - Android
Download for iPhone - Apple/Iphone