The Gayman Gazette
January 3, 2014
Upcoming Important Dates
- January 7th – 5th Grade NOVA/Anti-Cyber Bullying Program
- January 10th – Family Fun Bingo Night @ Tohickon
- January 14th – Primary PEN Field Trip
- January 20th – Martin Luther King Jr. Day – No School
- January 20th – CB Cares Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service @ Gayman Elementary
- January 24th – Spelling Bee
- January 24th – Early Dismissal @11:55 AM (No AM Kindergarten - PM attends)
- January 24th – American Red Cross Blood Drive @ Gayman Elementary from 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- January 24th – 6th Grade Club Event at Bear Creek @ 3:30 PM
- January 27th – No School – Staff Development Day
- February 3rd – 6th Grade PEN Robotics @ Warwick
- February 17th – President’s Day – No School
- February 20th – Spotlight on Music – Grade 2 @ 6:30 PM
- February 20th – Spotlight on Music – Grade 5 @ 7:30 PM
- February 21st – Staff Pillo Polo Game @ Tohickon
Gayman's Guiding Principles
As a kick off to the New Year, the Gayman staff are pleased to share “Gayman’s Guiding Principles.” Guiding principles are a set of beliefs, grounded in effective practice that govern actions of an organization. As a staff, we spent much of the 2012-2013 engaging in conversations about promises, ideas, examples, and expectations of our school community. These belief statements encompass our philosophy and what we value at Gayman Elementary School.
It is now time to make our work public. Please click here to view Gayman’s Guiding Principles.
Ring in the New Year by joining us for Gayman Bingo Night presented by the Family Fun Night Committee. Prizes include: one week of camp at YMCA, Iron Pigs Game Tickets, an IPad Mini, plus much more!
When: Friday, January 10, 2014
Time: 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Where: Tohickon Middle School Cafeteria
Cost: $4.00 per person
For complete details click here. All forms must be in no later than Monday, January 6th!
Revisions to School Calendar
The Central Bucks School Board will vote on January 14th to revise the school calendar as follows:
- Monday, January 27th will no longer be a "snow make-up" day; it will remain a Professional Development Day (no school for students)
- Friday, June 13, 2014 will now be the last day of school.
There is no decision about the use of April 21st as a snow make-up date at this time. Any additional changes to the school calendar will be passed along once changes have been approved by the School Board.
January Boomerang Award
This year, Gayman will continue to accept nominations for the Boomerang Award, which is our way of honoring students who best demonstrate their own developmental assets. What are Developmental Assets? Students possessing a combination of “40 Assets” are typically most successful in school and in life. These assets have the power to influence choices young people make and help them become caring, responsible adults. For a complete listing of the 40 Developmental Assets visit: www. Search-institute.org.
January #9-Service To Others: Young person values service to others, in their family, school, or community. He/she commits to meaningful and caring actions.
Martin Luther King Day of Service
The 40 Assets Committee and CB Cares present The Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service on Monday, January 20, 2014. Students are invited to volunteer their time to provide services for the Bucks County Housing Group, Philadelphia Reads, Quilts for Kids, Poverty Resolutions and the Pine Run Health Center.
In preparation for The Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service CB Cares/40 Assets will be collecting the following items outside the office starting Monday, January 6th:
- Books in good condition (no ripped pages with covers in tact) for pre-K to high school level for Philadlephia Reads
- Baby formula and diapers for Poverty Resolutions
For complete details on how to register click here.
VISIT US ON THE WEB!
Gayman Elementary School
4440 Point Pleasant Pike