Top TEN News @ Weston
December 7, 2018
2. The Weston PTO would like to invite you to attend our upcoming event - DONUTS WITH SANTA on the morning of December 8th - 8:30am-10:30am. Patrons will enjoy a donut and beverage breakfast as well as many activities such as a variety of holiday crafts and games, live music provided by the GCHS Madrigal Singers and best of all a visit from SANTA! (Pictures can be taken on your own device or will be emailed to you). Cost: $3.00 each or $12.00 maximum per family (Cash or check) (Cost includes donut/drink) *If you plan on attending, please RSVP at www.tinyurl.com/westondonutswithsanta
3. The Toys for Tots collection of new and unwrapped toys continues through December 8.
4. We are finishing our Middle of the Year assessments for grades K-10 in GCSC. Our students our taking Reading, Math, and Language Arts assessments through NWEA. We have a LOT to celebrate . . . . many of our students have met or exceeded their “Growth Goals” for one (or all) of these assessments! Students will be recognized over the next couple of weeks for their success! Extra Recess, Brag Tags, Photos, and more! Go to this link to learn more about NWEA.
5. We are still collecting money from the Chocolate Sales fundraiser. We will be giving the prizes out on December the 14th and any outstanding balances will not be able to participate.
6. Mark your calendar for our 3rd Grade Music Program on Wednesday, December the 19th @ 6:30 in our gym! All students will see the performance during the school day at their “Dress Rehearsal”.
7. We had 151 students earn the November Perfect Attendance Brag Tag! Check out below what they will earn for December.
8. Greenfield-Central will be making up the November 15th school closure on January 21st as a scheduled eLearning Day. More information to come.
9. Character Leaders for November’s trait of Punctuality received a brag tag and have their pictures that can be found below. They will also appear in the Greenfield Reporter!
Kindergarten: Nico Torcasio , Carter Bolden, Allie Anderson, Alexa Morgan, Weston Burgess, Lynden Laymon, Charlie Fedor, Isabella Sowder, Liam Worsencroft, Gage Krammes, Isaac Kline, Abigail Schrank, Scarlett Russell, Emmaline Kotowski, Ethan Mayo, Montana Williams;
1st grade: Fallon Hoskins, Gabriel Jones, JD Whitesell, Gabe Cox, Jaden Steed, Caylee Vanbuskirk, Zoey Benjamin, Rylan Ford, Owen Justice, Lylah Wooldridge, Jailei Collins, Bo Booker, Drew Little, Taylor Adcock, Angel Rix;
2nd grade: Savannah Brown, Aiden McPherson, Kane Dreesen, Addison Meece, Gabby Fosnight, Tristian Fleming, Rylee Conaway, Kinsley Parraga, Jude Russell, Dariean Clayton, Aiden Taylor, Paul Eaton, Megann Sexton;
3rd grade: Levi Bond, Gavin Coleman, Jacob Jones, Brooklyn Wing, Gabby Herrin, Ashley Roys, Jackson Gibbs, Hayden Allen, Celysta Batt, Justin Shelton, Jaydon Kidd, James Baker, Jaleigh York, Tyler Lair
10. Cold weather looks like it is here to stay! Here are some tips for staying toasty this winter season:
Protect your hands and feet by wearing extra socks and gloves.
Protect your lips. Don't forget lip balm to keep them from cracking!
Dress properly. Wear outer clothing that shields that cold wind and snow from your skin. Including a hat!
Be prepared. Keep extra safe items in your car when traveling (see article below).
Protect your children. Make sure your children know when to come in and warm up or dry off!
Eat light and stay hydrated. Also check with your doctor about your medications to see if they make you susceptible to a cold-weather illness.