New Beginnings' Newsletter
Your place for a fresh start!
“Rejoice always, pray continually, give THANKS in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” I Thessalonians 5:16-18
At NBC, we put the THANKS in Thanksgiving. It's the month where a heart of gratitude and thankfulness rise to the top, and we thank the Lord for His goodness. We pray that you join us in the THANKSliving journey, as we celebrate together on Sundays at 8:30AM and 10AM at 29 Park Place Dr. Let's continue to say, "Look what the Lord has done!"
What's happening at NBC?
Current Sermon Series
Let's Give to our Community
On Saturday, November 19th New Beginnings Church will be blessing those in our community who are in need with a Thanksgiving turkey dinner. If you would like to participate in the event, please sign up at Count Me In (volunteers will arrive at 9am).
If you know of a family in need, be sure to ask them to drive by New Beginnings Church on
Saturday, November 19th beginning at 10am so we can bless them!
Thank you for being a part of another Each One, Help One event!
**If you would also like to help in a monetary way, visit nb.church/give/ and select TURKEY/THANKSGIVING meals to help support this event. We appreciate you!
Beginning on Sunday, November 13th visit the Fellowship Hall for your Angel Tree tag
so you can adopt an Angel Tree child this Christmas season!
The Angel Tree gifts will be due back by Sunday, December 4th.
Mark Your Calendars
Ugly Christmas Sweater Sunday
NBC Connection Kids' Ministries
Curious about what the NBC Connection Kids' Ministry is teaching the month of November?
Then check out the videos below and find out what the children of
NBC are learning from the Word of God!!
NBC Connection Preschool (6 weeks-4yrs)
NBC Connection Kids (5-8yrs.)
Connection Pre-Teens (9-11yrs.)
New Beginnings Connection Youth
Make a difference- VOLUNTEER!
NBC Partnership Journey
If you are interested in becoming a partner with New Beginnings Church, the Partnership Track sessions for the month of November are:
Get EQUIPPED- Sunday, November 6th during the 10am service
Get EMPOWERED- Sunday, November 13th during the 10am service
Get TO WORK- Sunday, November 20th during the 10am service
To sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 985-892-8003, or sign up at the Count Me In area in the Fellowship Hall.
Sunday Sermon- November 20th
Get to Work: Serve List
EACH ONE, HELP ONE
To be a true disciple we must live a life of love and be willing to serve others. Not only should we serve/volunteer within our church, but we must step outside the walls of the church and enter the “mission field”: the community and world around us.
Mark 10:45 “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” 1Peter 4:10 “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” Matthew 25:40 The King will reply, “Truly I tell you whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Romans 15:1-2, Matthew 5:16, Hebrews 6:10, Philippians 4:9, Isaiah 1:17, Acts 13:47
There are many opportunities both locally, nationally, and internationally for us to serve others and advance the kingdom. You can act as a representative of Jesus Christ on behalf of New Beginnings Church to any of the following local ministries/charities:
Disaster Relief Ministries:
- Carpenters for Christ (Rebuilding Churches after Natural Disasters) https://carpentersforchrist.org
- Eight Days of Hope (Disaster Relief and Rebuild Ministry) www.eightdaysofhope.com
- 516 Project (Disaster Relief and Rebuild Ministry) https://516 project.org
- God’s Pit Crew (Disaster Relief and Rebuild Ministry) www.godspitcrew.org
- Team Acts 20:35 (Rebuilding after Natural Disasters) Facebook@Teamacts2035
- Just The Crumbs (Providing Meals for Families Affected by Natural Disasters) www.justthecrumbs21.org
- Mercy Chefs (Providing Meals for Volunteers and Families Affected by Natural Disasters) www.mercychefs.com
- Angel’s Place (volunteers would love and support families with children with life threatening illnesses) www.angelsplacenola.org
- Crisis Pregnancy Center (volunteers would sort and stock donations) www.northlakecpc.com
- 4 Such A Time As This-assisting children and women in need. To volunteer contact Lorna@4satat.org about the need
- For the Children (volunteers would assist at camp with children in foster care) www.forthechildren.org
- Habitat for Humanity (volunteers would assist at Restore and/or building homes for families in need). To volunteer contact Kayla Willie Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
- Love Moved First-recovery and restoration for women in crisis www.lovemovedfirst.net
- The Miracle League Northshore-sports program for children with disabilities firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Friends Closet-providing basic needs for homeless (volunteers would assist in delivery of furniture and hygiene products to schools) www.ourfriendscloset.org
- Restoration Senior Living of Covington (volunteers would visit and befriend residents) www.rslcovington.com
- Special Olympics of Louisiana-games for children with disabilities www.laso.org
- Support Our Troops (volunteers would construct care packages) www.operationwecare.org
Meet the Pastors of NBC
Pastors Eddie and Peggy Swan are the Lead Pastors of New Beginnings Church. They offer everyone a fresh start in Jesus Christ. Each Sunday Pastor Eddie offers a life-changing and inspiring message that encourages growth and maturity in our spiritual walk with the Lord and Pastor Peggy helps others get connected in fellowship and discipleship as she also serves as our Connection Pastor. They welcome you to a fresh start!
Pastors Kevin and Carla Diggs are the Worship Pastors here at New Beginnings Church. Every Sunday they whole-heartedly lead the church into the presence of Jesus. Come join us for a time in His presence.
Connection Preschool Pastor
Meet Pastor Lisa Hayes! She is our Connection Preschool Pastor and cares for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old (not yet in kindergarten). Pastor Lisa has over 30 years experience in childcare and education, and with this experience she makes every Sunday special for the youngest members of New Beginnings Church.
Welcome, Curtis and Belinda Conerly! The newest addition to the NBC staff are focused on missions and bringing the Good News of Jesus Christ to our community and throughout the state, country, and world. They exemplify the hands and feet of Christ as they lead us in the charge of EACH ONE, HELP ONE 2022.
Meet Yvette Dupuis the Administrative Assistant to Pastor Eddie and the staff of NBC. Yvette serves with the heart of Jesus each and every day at NBC, but especially on Sundays where she organizes and helps the Sunday services run smoothly.
Connection Preschool Pastor
You can find NBC on Youtube! Simply search New Beginnings Church Covington, LA and find our stream and other sermon videos. Be sure to subscribe!
NBC is on Vimeo! Type in vimeo.com/nbcfreshstart as your web address and get ready to be encouraged! You can also find Connection Kids' videos here.
NBC announcements and livestream are located on Facebook. Be sure to click the "LIKE" button to follow all the great things happening at New Beginnings Church.
Giving to NBC
- Mail in your tithes and offerings to 29 Park Place Dr., Covington 70433
- Visit NB.CHURCH and click the "GIVE" tab
- Text the word "GIVE" to 985-241-8003
- Kiosk located in the Fellowship Hall (debit/credit cards)
Luke 6:38 says, "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Missions- As you give, NBC gives
Mark 16:15, "He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to all creation.' "
Join us as we pray for the missionaries that New Beginnings Church supports!
New Beginnings Church also financially supports many missionaries both locally and abroad. When you give tithes and offerings to New Beginnings you are part of this support. These missionaries also covet your prayers. New Beginnings also sponsors the Angel Tree Program for Christmas and assists Single Parents.
These are the missionaries that we currently financially support. We are continually adding to the list, so it may change accordingly.
Local and Regional Missions
Jody and Wendy Dyess (Free International Human Trafficking Ministry)
Isaac and Morgan Fulton (Xavier Campus)
Tyler and Bethany Gerfers (ULM Campus)
Jonathan and Ali Buras (LSU Campus)
Eric and Annabelle Treuil (ULL Campus)
Matthew and Jennifer Degier (Tulane Campus)
Austin Howenstine (Southeastern Campus)
Albert and Marie Skinner (Native Americans)
Joshua and Andrea Holder (N.O. Street Ministry to Homeless and Hurting)
Curtis and Belinda Conerly (Local Outreaches)
Reach America (Church Planting)
Habitat for Humanity (West St. Tammany)
New Orleans Mission (Homeless and Hurting)
Angel Tree (providing Christmas to children of incarcerated parents)
Single Parent Ministry
Jason and Britney Curtis (Arab World)
Charles and Amanda Gravely (Belgium)
Kelli and Cody Miller (Israel and Palestine)
Shane and Mandy Phelps (Arab World)
Kody Barbier (Kenya, Africa)
Aaron Domengeaux (Kenya, Africa)
Luis and Lourdes Padilla (Argentina)
Kirk and Amy Priest (Germany)
Michelle Lejeune (China)
Chris and Debbie Bowser (Peru)
Speed of Light (Transportation Supplier to Missionaries Worldwide)
Have a Prayer Request?
Psalm 34:15: “The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are
attentive to their cry.”
The Vision and Purpose of NBC
The vision of New Beginnings is to reach the Northshore community with the life giving message of Jesus Christ, and to teach those we reach to become true disciples, ultimately reproducing themselves. We say it like this....reach and teach we don't just want them to know, but to grow.
The purpose of New Beginnings is to be a life giving beacon of hope, a sanctuary for the hopeless, and a haven for the downtrodden. As Jesus Himself said, "It's not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick". New Beginnings is a place for a fresh start.