Geography of Rome
Rome, a leap forward to a better future. by: Matthew Lau
Hi, my name is Matthew Lau and I would like to talk about the many features of Rome and I would like to persuade you into joining us in Rome. I will be talking about the climate of Rome, the things that protect them, the crops that they have, the animals that they raise, and etc! Rome is a great place to live and if you go there, you will be awed by the many features! So, what are you waiting for, let's get to it!!!
So Many Bodies of Water!!!
The closet body of water near Rome is the Tyrrhenian Sea. Other bodies of water near Rome is the Mediterranean Sea, the Ionian Sea, and the Adriatic Sea. This has provided protection, transportation, and trade for Rome.
On the right, it shows a map of where the Mediterranean Sea is.
Protection for Rome
- The things that protects Rome include mountains, hills, river, and etc. Two of the mountains that protected Rome was the Apennines and the Alps. They protected them from enemy attacks and invaders. The other mountain was Mt. Vesuvius which was a volcanic one. (Pompeii)
- There are 7 different types of hills that also protects Rome.
- Last but not least, the Tiber River protects Rome and also gives us fresh water and etc.
How the Geography of Rome Encouraged Settlement
- One of the reasons how the geography of Rome lured people to settle is because of the protection.
- Another reason is the fertile land which equals to good farming.
- Another reason is the Tiber River which provides fertile land and fresh water to drink.
- Last but not least, the climate is just right to live in.