* Senators must be at least 30 years old.
* Citizens of the United States for 9 years before election, and legal residents of the state they represent.
Term of Office
* Number of Years- 6 years.
* Only 1/3 of seats are up for elections.
Salary And Benefits
* Salary-Members’ salary is $174,000 annually.
*Members of Congress can elect to participate in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP)
Privilege And Benefits
* Privilege-Congress determine its own pay.
* Benefits- members of Congress have access to one of the most generous health insurance programs in the country.