Band Notes: Week 22
January 8 - 11
A Note From Your Directors
Welcome back to the Spring semester of 2019!! We hope everyone had a happy and healthy holiday! We have many exciting things happening this semester as this is also considered band's competition season. We do like to ease the students (and families) back into the semester so as far as events are concerned, January will be a "light" semester.
Lastly, we said good-bye to Mr. School now that he has graduated and has entered the job search but we are excited to welcome our new student teacher; Mr. Garcia! Mr. Garcia is a current student at The University of North Texas and his primary instrument is clarinet. He will be in and out of classes throughout The Staley Band and will be working with our students this semester.
As always, if you have any additional questions then please reach out.
-Mr. Wood, Ms. Hoffman, & Mr. Seymour
Solos and Solo Contest on February 1st
- All students have received their solo and should be deep into the rehearsal process.
- Students are encouraged to visit the website found HERE to play with the recordings provided so they may practice with a piano accompaniment.
- Students were told that if they would like to switch solos, they may, but must first fill out the form at the bottom of the Solo page. You may click HERE to access the form.
- These solos are for our Solo competition on February 1st.
- Jan 8: First Day Back!
- Jan 9: SMSBPA Booster Meeting
- Jan 21: MLK Day; No School
- Jan 25: *Band Social* - Interskate (Changed from the original schedule)
- Jan 28: Student Holiday
- Feb 1: Advanced Band Solo Contest