The DCMS Bat Signal: 3/19/19
Super me, super you, everyday heroes make dreams come true.
Good Morning Team DCMS Superheroes!
Good Tuesday to you all! We are so close to getting our time of rest and rejuvenation! We CAN do it! As always is the case, plan each moment of instructional time with meaningful learning to keep the minds and bodies of our students busy and engaged. Structure and supervision are of the utmost importance.
**If you teach math or ELA in grades 3-8, reading these updates is NOT optional. You are expected to know the information contained in each update. Please make the time to ensure you have read and understood all of this information.**
If you missed a previous version, please catch up by accessing the following links:
- Spring Break Begins - Saturday, March 23, - No school 3/23 - 3/31
- School Resumes - Monday, 4/1, - White Day
- School Board Meeting - Monday, April 8, at 6:30 PM at South Elementary
- MS 5th Grade Band Information Night - Tuesday, April 9, at 7 PM in the DCMS cafe
- 8th Grade Choir Concert @ DHS - Thursday, April 18, at 7 PM in DHS auditorium
- Administrative Assistants' Week - 4/22 - 4/26 - Be sure to shower Tisha, Sheila, Penny, and Eva with all forms of appreciation!
- ILearn Testing Window - 4/22 - 5/17
- NJHS Induction Ceremony - Tuesday, April 30, @ 6:30 PM in the gym
- PLC - Wednesday, 3/20, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- PLC - Wednesday, 4/3, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Faculty Mtg - Tuesday, 4/9, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM (Schoology Training Part 1: bring headphones)
- PLC - Wednesday, 4/10, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Department Head Meeting - Tuesday, April 16, @ 3:30 PM in Marsha's office
- Faculty Mtg - Wednesday, 4/17, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM (TLaC - 100% Compliance You Can See)
- Faculty Mtg - Tuesday, 4/23, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM (Schoology Training Part 2: bring headphones)
- EOY Meeting for Instructional Assistants - Tuesday, 4/23, @ 3:30 in training room
- EOY Meeting for Sec/Treasurer/Nurses - Tuesday, 4/23, @ 4 PM in the training room
- Faculty Mtg - Wednesday, 4/24, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM (TLaC - 100% Firm Calm Finesse )
Shorts, Longs, & Coaching Observations – Expect that we will be visiting frequently and maybe even multiple times in a week.
Attendance Must Be Taken EACH Period – Attendance must be taken each period. This is not optional and cannot continue to be forgotten. At this point, this is considered a minimum performance expectation.
- Cell Phone Violations Procedures are found here at the following link. Please familiarize yourself with the process. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yo87qFzgaYYG4L5Tw6LKFdpQ7d_OHymU4UId1rL2qlI/edit?usp=sharing
- Friday School / Detention Supervisor Sign-Up – Please sign up to supervise a Friday School or Detention for the good of the school culture using the links below. Detentions will now be on Thursday AM and Thursday PM.
Detention - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xz-cAK_wEAroQymY6EMxUSFs8afMLCGJ0g0UpOcnbHY/edit?usp=sharing
About Us: Mission & Collective Commitments
We are a collaborative group of educators committed to ensuring high student achievement.
We commit to…
- Focusing on student proficiency of Indiana College & Career Readiness standards, not just coverage of material.
- Working collaboratively to benefit all students with a focus on results.
- Join forces to learn by doing on a daily basis.
- Using frequent common assessments that inform and drive our instruction.
- Providing intervention and enrichment based upon the formative data.
- Furthering a culture that uses value-added language, encourages one another, and celebrates successes.