By: Bailyn Alt
What Is Tetanus?
- Mild lock of the jaw
- Spasms in the Chest, neck, back, and abdominal muscles.
- Back muscle often cause arching. (Wiki)
There are 2 kinds of Tetanus, mild and severe these are some thing you should take to help.
- "Tetanus immunoglobulin IV or IM.
- Metronidazole IV for 10 days
- "Magnesium IV to prevent muscle spasm." (Wiki)
In 1884, Arthur Nicolaier isolated the toxoin of tetanus.
In 1897, Edmond Nocard showed that tetanus anti-toxoin induced passive immunity in humans.
In 1924, P. Descombey created a toxoin vaccine and was widley used to prevent tetanus in World War II. (Wiki)
Effect on the human body systems.
- Digestive- It can effect the system.
- Excretory- The nutrients gets taken out of the body.
- Respiatory- It get's really hard to breath do to the back and muscle tightning.
- Circulatory- Toxoin affects the bloodstream to the brian and the nervos system. (Wiki)