Milky Way Galaxy
By: Brittany Egnaty
Why is The Milky Way Galaxy Important?
- The Milky Way Galaxy is a group of planets, stars, and dust held by gravity.
- This Galaxy looks like a disk with a bulge in the center.
- At night The Galaxy looks like a band of blended starlight.
- The Milky Way Galaxy is surrounded by a Huge Halo of Hot Gas.
- There's a massive black hole and hiding dust in the center.
- The Milky Way Galaxy gets it's name, because it has a milky apperance.
- There's hundred's of billion's of stars.
- The Milky Way Galaxy sometimes collides with other Galaxies.
The Halo of Hot Gas
The Halo surrounds the Milky Way Galaxy.
The Galaxy At Night
You can see the Galaxy at night or even in the morning.
Black Hole in The Center of The Milky Way Galaxy
This is a radio active picture, this picture shows that there's a black hole in our Galaxy.
“Galactic Halo.” Chandra X-Ray Observatory.Galactic Halo. 24 Sept . 2012. Web. 17 Mar. 2013. <chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2012/halo/>.
"Galaxies." NASA Science Astrophysics. NASA Science, 8 Mar. 2013. Web. 17 Mar. 2013. <science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/what-are-galaxies/>.
Space Science. Evanston , IL: Mcdougal Littell, 2005. Print.
Morris, Mark. "World Book." Milky Way Galaxy. Vol. 13. 2012. Web. 18 Mar. 2013.
9UARDIANS OF THE 9TH 9ATE. The Milky Way Galaxy at Night. Web. 2 Mar. 2013. <nuwaubian-hotep.blogspot.com>.
New Study Finds No Evidence for Dark Matter in the Milky Way . Halo Milky Way Galaxy. Web. 2 Mar. 2013. <www.astrobio.net >.
Scientists closing in on black hole at center of Milky Way. Black Hole in the Milky Way Galaxy. Web. 2 Mar. 2013. <www.nbcnews.com>.
Universe - The Increadible. The Milky Way Galaxy. Web. 2 Mar. 2013. <www.inthe-universe.blogspot.com>.