housing/ meal time/ food and drink.
Maria C. Stephani M. Domenic M.
- Large percentage own homes
- People call apartments “casa” (house) instead of “ Appartamento”
- Wealthy families own large houses called villas
- People own more houses outside major urban centers.
- most modern apartments have balconies.
food and drink (nutrimento)
- They eat properly
- breakfast is usually coffee for adults and warm milk for kids
- dinner is usually pasta , fish or meat, and vegetables.
dating and marriage (relazione & matrimony)
Italians date in groups or couples
- The young single people usually go to the pub or pizzeria on the weekends.
- Going to movies or dancing are frequent dates
- Older Italians disapprove of mixed race and mixed nationality couples.
- Average age for marriage in woman is 27
- Average age for marriage in man is 30
- A married couple can only get divorced after three years of separation
- In a wedding catholic traditions usual take place
The bride’s mother gives her a jewel as a wedding present
- The groom pays for the wedding dress
meal time ( la ora di pasto)
- When eating with guests , meals take up to one to four hours because they take their time.
- Conversation during meals include: Soccer, Politics, Family matters, businesses, and local events
- Traditionally families eat together.
- some families pray before they eat.