Welcome to the new format of our newsletter. Hope you enjoy the new look!
SAVE THE DATE-SOCK HOP
March 6, 2020
More info coming soon
Kindergarten registration day for the 2020-2021 school year
will be held at Paramount Elementary on April 13th from 9:00am-3:00pm.
You must do the following prior to registration day:
1. Complete the one page pre-registration form by going to www.westada.org – Click Parents and Students tab, then click on Registration and Forms, then New Student Online Enrollment, and Submit Information.
2. Come in to Paramount Elementary and bring the following items:
- Original/official birth certificate (student must be 5 years old by September 1, 2020). Photo copies will not be accepted.
- Hardcopy of Immunization records with proof of required immunizations 5 DTap, 4 Polio, 2 MMR, 3 Hepatitis B, 2 Hepatitis A, 2 Varicella. Please review your student’s immunization status with your physician to ensure your student will meet school immunization requirements.
- Proof of address within Paramount boundaries (Gas / Power or Water bill, or purchase/rental agreement).
- Legal documents (custody, power of attorney, adoption, protection orders, etc.)
- Students who have two or more languages spoken in their home will need to make an appointment with the District Intake Center. Please contact them at (208) 350-5100.
3. After pre-registering, you will receive an email with PowerSchool log-in information to set up a new parent/student account (if needed) and complete all other registration forms. This step must be completed before a Kindergarten Registration appointment will be made.
4. Once you have brought in the required forms AND completed the PowerSchool information, you can schedule an appointment for our Registration Day on April 13th between 9:00-3:00. Contact the front office at (208) 350-4120. Bring your child with you to the registration day appointment.
If it is determined that Paramount will be hosting a Tuition Kindergarten class, a lottery will be held by the end of May. Contracts will be available for you to fill out and sign at Kindergarten registration. Your $100 deposit will be accepted at that time.
You will select your AM/PM preference at KG registration. Please understand that while we cannot guarantee spots, we will try to accommodate those preferences.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact the Paramount front office at (208) 350-4120.
Valentine's Day School Store
Valentine’s School Store on Friday, February 14 and we would LOVE some volunteers to help! School Store is a lot of fun and the time passes quickly! Volunteers are needed from 11:30am-1:30pm. If would like to help, please copy and paste the following link into your browser: https://bit.ly/31oUwnP
What is School Store?
School store is an event that the PTA puts on 4 times a year to give students an opportunity to practice using money and to be able to purchase gifts for their friends and family. The students can stop by the school store during their lunch recess. Money earned at the school store by the PTA is used to purchase items for the next school store. Students do not have to participate in School Store but if they would like to, they will need to bring cash-- the items are not free (If possible, bring money in a baggie with the child's name on it).
Most items sold at the school store range from $1 to $4 but we do have items priced at less than a $1. We do not sell candy or food items.
If your kid sent in box tops they will get a coupon to shop at the box tops section at school store.
Half day kindergartners can come in with parents—after school for AM and before school for PM. School Store runs in the Green Room from 11:40 to 1:00 pm.
This is your friendly PTA reminder to keep track of those Roaring Reader minutes your student is reading! Roaring Reader logs are due, Friday, March 13. Students who meet the requirements will earn a free ticket to Roaring Springs this summer! Eligible reading minutes need to be completed outside of the classroom but can coincide with reading done at home that is counted for weekly reading. Books should be recreational texts, though, so no assigned books or textbooks count. Reading TO your student also counts! If you need another tracking sheet because you have misplaced the one received in December, we have an electronic file that you can access and print from our Paramount Parents Facebook page.
IDAHO STEELHEADS NIGHT
Mark your calendar for a Paramount Family Night with the Idaho Steelheads on Saturday, February 29, at 7:00 pm! The Steelheads will be heading off against their rival, the Utah Grizzlies. $15 buys you a ticket and dinner (hot dog, chips, and Pepsi product) and $5 of every ticket purchase will go directly back to Paramount! More information about purchasing tickets online or by phone to benefit our school will be forthcoming on the PTA's social media and in a flyer that will be sent home with students. We had a great turnout last year and earned a lot of money for our school while having fun watching a great hockey match!
PARAMOUNTS PAPA MURPHY'S PIZZA NIGHT
Want an easy, family-friendly dinner you can pick up ANY TIME during the day? Head to Papa Murphy’s this Wednesday, February 12. You can order online or with their app (use code SUPPORT) or mention Paramount when calling in or ordering in person. So many options to make it as easy as possible!
Best news? This will be a RECURRING event on the 2nd Wednesday of every month!
STEM NIGHT THANK YOU
Thank you to all the families who participated in our PTA Family STEM Night on January 10th! We hope everyone was able to enjoy playing games with Mathnasium, watching Mr. X, and having pizza. A HUGE thank you goes to PTA President-Elect, Danae Fails, for not only planning such a fun evening but making it all possible by writing and winning our school a National PTA & Mathnasium STEM grant. A lot of thought, planning, and volunteer hours go into carrying out our family events and the PTA board appreciates the amazing support of our Paramount community!
Be sure to click and connect
So you never miss a thing!
Follow us on social media for the latest info about Paramount Elementary.
Never miss an update, activity or important announcement.
Find us on Facebook under Paramount Parents and on