Welcome to our CTS Snapshot - a weekly celebration update. We are delighted to share with parents and carers alike student triumphs at Corby Technical School. We are proud of every student and every success they have - please feel free to share with us any achievements they might have.
Girls Rounders Club
We had an impressive 18 girls from Year's 7, 8 and 10 attend the Rounders club this week, session are held on Tuesday's after school.
This week students were looking at team work.
Year 11 Art
Pictured is a fantastic piece by Aidan.
Stars of the Week:
- Miss Connellan has nominated Year 7 students Theo and Georgiana for their fantastic war poems in English and Year 7 students Emma, Clayton and Jessica for fantastic group work.
- Miss Fenner has nominated 10T for their excellent effort and support of each other during the form cooking session.
- Miss Fenner has also nominated Year 8 students Finlay D and Alice for their effort and progress on their recent assessment in English.
- Miss McGrath has nominated Year 8 student Ruby for fantastic answers and close the gap work in Science this week and also the Year 11 Thursday revision group for a fantastic session and great work ethic.
- Mr Cox has nominated Year 9 Drama students Junior, Dragos, Alyssa and Logan for excellent work.
- The English department would like to say well done to the following Year 11 students for their effort and engagement during the English Language Conference, Guy, Nick, Caitlin R, Tyler, Megan, Haydn, Taylor G and Martyna.
- Mr Williamson has nominated Year 7 English student Kai, Sonny, Nicola and Isla for excellent effort and work ethic. Also nominated are Year 10 Media students Amy, Morgan, Jack and James for effort and attainment.
- Mr Lee has nominated Year 9 students Adrian and Abbie for a fantastic improvement in their Maths assessment.
- Mrs Hopkins has nominated Year 11 student Harry for excellent effort in the History and Geography mock exams.
- Miss Watt has nominated Year 11 students Maddie and Alex for their tireless efforts in preparation for their German speaking exams.
- Miss Fenner would like to thank Mrs Wright and Mr Harley for their support during the form cooking session
Year 11 Good Luck Messages
Staff have prepared their good luck messages this week ahead of the GCSE examinations. Students been sharing their hopes and ambitions.
Every single day a student is absent from school equates to a day lost of learning. At Corby Technical School we pride ourselves in maintaining excellent attendance. Our target is to achieve and maintain a whole school attendance of above 96.5%. We will be giving you weekly updates on our whole school attendance, the tutor group and house who achieved the highest attendance this week.
Whole School Attendance
Attendance this week is 95.19% , an improvement on last week, but still below target.
Best Tutor Group
Best tutor group is 10T with 100%, well done Miss Fenner and your tutor group.
House winners are C house with 97.58%, well done to Cayley and Coleman.
- School will be closed for Early May Bank Holiday on Monday 6th May 2019.