Eastlake Middle School
It's hard to believe, but the first semester is almost over! As I reflect back on the past five months, I am thankful to be the principal of such an amazing place. It has been my honor to work with such amazing students, parents and staff members. As we finish up the school year, I want to give you a preview of the next semester and some things to look out for. Additionally, I want to highlight the great work that our staff did in honoring our troops!
1. All students will be participating in some version of an End of Course Exam/Project from Dec. 11 to Dec. 13. Final grades will be issued on December 15.
2. We will be hosting students from China as part of the Eduabroad program starting late January or early February. We hope you will consider hosting a student. You will be compensated (see flyer below).
3. For the most part, your students will have the same schedule. Students will receive their new schedules during a specialized TSP class in the morning. We have posters and reminders for the students.
4. We will start our new orientation program training for current 7th graders who are interested in being WEB (Where Everyone Belongs) Leaders. It's a great leadership experience and these students will help shape the first experience of our new incoming 7th graders. Please contact Molly Bulwa (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. Soace is limited. Information about WEB can be found here (LINK).
5. Safe School Ambassadors starts next semester. We are looking for students who are interested in creating a more inclusive environment at ELM and educating our school about the issues of bullying. Both 7th and 8th graders can participate in this great training in January. If you are interested in having your child participate, please contact Mr. Mitrovich (David.Mitrovich@sweetwaterschools.org). Space is limited and priority will be given to students in the K-Build program. Information regarding SSA can be found here. (LINK)
6. I would like your feedback regarding character education as it relates to the values we want to instill in our students. Be on the lookout for a future survey or come to a future Coffee with the Principal.
7. Keep it Clean. We are working with our students to try to help keep our campus clean. Unfortunately, there is a lot trash that is left on the floor and tables. We do our best to remind students to clean up, but if the trash issue continues to be a problem, we may institute sit-down lunches so we can better monitor the students. We will give the students plenty of information before moving to this last measure.
8. See you at the next Coffee with the Principal at 9:00 AM on Tuesday, Dec. 12th in the library.