Walk With A Friend....For A Friend
Join AK Stout, Deb Evans and Gene Gurkoff in New York City!
Walk for Your Favorite Charity
Walk For a Friend ... With a Friend ... Meet New Friends
Sunday, Oct. 21st 2012 at 11am
New York, NY
AK and Deb are now "super fans" of Charity Miles and decided to meet in New York City to coordinate an event. Their goal is to meet Gene Gurkoff, IRL (in real life) and to walk as many miles as possible on behalf of their friends, loved ones and their charities. Their friend Roz Shafer (pictured above) inspired this event.
1. Download the app www.charitymiles.org
2. There is no registration fee but you can purchase a Charity Miles shirt: http://charity-miles.myshopify.com/ 100% of proceeds are donated to sponsorship pool
4. Bring a friend, meet new friends, and explore NYC. The Charity Miles app will calculate every step. At the end of the day know you made a difference by contributing your time and energy to a charity.
5. Questions? Contact Deb Evans firstname.lastname@example.org
Can't join us in NYC? That's ok, download the app and walk, bike, run from anywhere in the world! When you post your progress add #Roz to the post so that we can see who participated with us!
We will start at Tasti D-Lite Times Square and finish at Tasti D-Lite at Columbus Circle.
We have plotted our route to include some historical sites and photo opportunities. It is approximately 6.5 miles but you can detour at any time. Just remember to keep that Charity Miles app running, take photos while walking, and share them on the Charity Miles and/or Social Geek Radio Facebook page so others can follow our progress!
Map of our walk:
Participate in our Scvngr Trek too!
We believe that, working together, we can change the world. So we made an app for that. #EveryMileMatters
DescriptionNow you can change the world just by walking, running or biking. All you need is an iPhone or an Android and the free Charity Miles app. As you walk, run or bike, the app will track your distance and you'll raise awareness and earn money for your charity:
* bikers earn 10¢ per mile;
* walkers and runners earn 25¢ per mile;
* all up to One Million Dollars, courtesy of our corporate sponsors.
Participating charities include:
* Achilles International
* Autism Speaks
* Feeding America
* The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
* Habitat for Humanity
* The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
* Pencils of Promise
* The World Food Programme