Login Using Your Network Password... Always!!
- Using a computer open Google Chrome.
- Type this URL: https://goo.gl/cfKXAk
- Fill out the form
- Open a QR Code reader on your phone. (I use i-nigma)
- Scan the QR Code
- Fill out the form
- Get up and move around when necessary.
- There will be a break, but if nature calls... please answer it!
- Snacks, coffee, and water available at any time.
- Place phones on vibrate mode.
- Don't miss a call... but take it in the hall.
- Keep noise and talking to a minimum during class time... Just like your classroom, everyone is here to learn and some folks need some peace and quiet.
- We won't be getting out early. Note: If you must leave early, do it!! Please understand your certificate will not reflect the full 3 hrs.
Let's Get Started!
Where do we begin?
- Always begin on your school's home page.
- Use your network credentials to login (upper right corner)
- After login, you can move about the district site
If your network password isn't working, try any/all of the following first:
- Check to see if your password has expired by logging off your computer and back on.
- Change your password by going to District Tools > Faculty Password Reset
- Call, email, text Deena or Cindy to enable your account
What are the benefits of logging in?
- More pages are available to logged in users
- You are able to add/edit a webpage
Adding Your Classroom/Portal Page
- Click on your name (Hello Your Name)
- Add Classroom
- Classroom Name & Category
- Choose a Portal Layout: T-Split A(50/50)
- Leave Modules blank
- Choose a Theme (or leave blank for a black and gold Bulldogs theme)
Editing Your Classroom/Portal Page
- Left side navigation
- Teacher Web Pages
- Organized by Department or Grade Level
Class Administration Menu
It's located under the black District links bar.
It's located above your editing buttons.
Title: ALWAYS your teacher name. (Ms. Teacher, Mr. Teacher, Coach Teacher, Dr.)
Class Content: Quick message (Welcome to 4th Grade!, Algebra, Wonderful Wilsons, Debate)
Click and drag Create New Portal over to the left side.
Editing Your Page
Editing Your Layout
Do you want information to fit across the whole page (100%)
Do you want information to fit across half the page (50%)
Try different options.
T-Split A (50/50)
Adding a Widget
Widget is a term used to refer to an element or small application that is capable of displaying information. It allows a user to interact with an application.
YOU are the user. YOU will interact with the application to add YOUR information to the screen. Widgets can be dragged and arranged around the page to fit your needs.
Most of your widgets will probably be blank "Text Boxes" that interact with you like word processing software would. Edit often allows you to change your font, colors, alignment, add tables, add pictures, add links, etc.
Text Box - Blank space to type your message
New Page - Text Box Type
- Supply Lists
Editing a Widget
- Edit Page Widget
- Edit Style
- Delete Widget
Select Your Theme
Adding Content to your Widget
Type your message
Click on the World in the toolbar
Browse File Library
Find your file and double click on it
Once it shows up in the open box, double click it again
Before closing the dialog box, click on Target > New Window
Adding multiple documents
Click on Resource Files tab
Click the box to the left of the red exclamation point
Choose the file and double click it
Choose up to four more as long as it stays under 100 mb
Videos may be high unless you convert them to mp4
Double click the File Title to rename to something easier to read
Don't forget to add a Title if that hasn't already been done.