Switch to ELECTROMAGNETIC. That would be EPIC!
What is it?
- Radiant energy is the energy of electromagnetic waves.
- Includes any form of energy that can travel through space.
In the illustration above, you will see the different radiant energy levels represented by their wavelengths.
Why Switch to Radiant Energy?
- Radiant energy will not result in a loss of heat during transfer, making it energy efficient.
- Some radiant panel systems are even capable of cooling by circulating cool water through the panel.
- Radiant energy has a similar feeling to the sun.
- It is a healthier alternative since it doesn't carry dust, fumes, allergens, or any other particle from room to room.
- Radiant heating is completely hidden from view.
How will you save?
- Increasing your comfort and saving money is a winning combination!
- Multiple zoning to allow unused rooms to be turned down, and use of thermal mass, the ability of a material to retain heat, for off peak storage can reduce energy bills.
- Other energy savings includes the overall lowering of thermostat settings.
- Wasted energy will be directed to the interior of the space and reduce or eliminate excessive temperatures on outside walls and ceilings.
- These result in energy savings of 10-30% in most homes and up to 60% in shops or warehouses.
How Does Radiant Energy Work?
- When radiant energy comes into contact with matter, it changes the properties of that matter.
- Radiant energy travels through space without heating the space itself. It only turns into heat when it contacts a cooler surface.
- Radiant energy will heat the surfaces of all the objects which are in direct line of sight from the panel: walls, floors, ceilings, chairs, tables, or people.
- Air coming in contact with these surfaces is also gently heated.
- This natural energy form can be gathered directly from the environment or extracted from ordinary elecricity by the method called fractionation.
What is needed to install a radiant heating system?
- Radiant heating systems can be effectively installed on any large enough flat surface.
What is the cost of radiant energy?
- Radiant energy comes in all different forms so cost varies depending on the system.
- A radiant heating system will typically cost between $6-$12 per square foot to install
- Solar radiant floor heating typically cost at least $14000.
- This natural energy can perform the same wonders as ordinary electricity at less than 1% of the cost!
- A simple wall thermostat is generally all that is required. It is a big advantage to have a thermostat in every room.
Who is using radiant energy?
- The Methernitha Community in Switzerland currently has 5-6 working models of fuelless, self-running devices that tap this energy.
- Nikola Tesla contains a magnifying trasmitter, a T. henry Moray's radiant energy device.
- EMA motor and Testatika all run on radiant energy.
- Many misunderstandings have occurred regarding radiant energy. Even though it is a form of electricity, it does not behave exactly like electricity.
- Wood flooring is a very common practical choice for a radiant floor system. Radiant heat systems will not warp your wooden floors because installations are not much different from laying a typical wood floor.
- The hardest part about using radiant heat is finding a qualified installer. The installer should have a room-by-room heat loss analysis of your building done as well.
- UV rays from the sun may damage skin and lead to skin cancer.
Sources and Pictures