We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
March 23rd, 2016
- We had an action packed short week! On Monday, we participated in the Hop-a-thon to raise awareness and money for SIBS. We had so much fun hopping around the classroom and counting to keep track of our hops.
- On Tuesday, we participated in our first philosophy lesson with students from Oceanside High School. We agreed and respectfully disagreed with each other as we thought deeply about different important questions, such as: The most important thing about an apple is that it is round. What a fun experience! We are excited for the high school students to visit us again for philosophy round 2!
- On Wednesday, our reading buddies came to visit our classroom again. We LOVE reading to our Pre-K friends!
- A big thank you to those of you who returned the book review. We hope you enjoyed our expert books as much as we did! You still have time to complete and return the book review. We would love to hear your feedback for our little authors' great work!
- For those who celebrate... Happy Easter! Enjoy the break and remember to keep reading.
Things we've learned...
- We continued learning the following high frequency words: are, that, and do. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We continued learning the following Amazing Words: cook, filthy, fox, lucky, piglet, and scrubber.
- We continued learning the following letter and sound: Ll.
- In math, we continued comparing objects by length.
Books we've read...
- My Lucky Day by Keiko Kosza
- A Flower in the Snow by Tracey Corderoy & Sophie Allsopp
- The Important Book by Margaret Wise Brown
If you have not yet had the chance to watch our Writer's Workshop and Great Kindness Challenge videos... check them out below!
Writer's Workshop - Expert Book Video
School 6 Kindness Challenge
- If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- Please make sure your child’s name is on ALL homework. Please be sure to help your child read the directions carefully and check it when it is complete. Thank you for your continued support at home!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!