どこか に いきましたか。
Here's what's happening in class this week:
This week you will continue your work in Module 5, with Lesson 12. To find all of the lesson materials and assignments, go to the course link that says "Course Modules" and find the folder named "Module 5." Inside the Module 5 folder, you will find the folder for Lesson 12.
You will need to work with your partner for the speaking assignment this week. Be proactive in contacting and working with your partner - remember that the sign-up wiki is a great way to find classmates who do not yet have a partner. Remember, it is your responsibility to do this, and it is ultimately your grade.
This week's vocabulary assignment is the same as Lesson 11. Remember to read the directions carefully!
- 12.1 Vocabulary ☆
- 12.2 Speaking - start your assignment and contact your partner
- 12.4 Cultural Discussion
- 12.2 Speaking - complete and submit your assignment
- Lesson 12 Vocabulary Quiz
- Lesson 12 Grammar Quiz
Your attendance and participation in two coaching sessions is due by the end of the week!
Assignments are due by the end of the day on the day they are posted!
This half of the semester, you will need to focus on lessons 9 through 15. You should be working on lesson 12 this week!
TOMORROW NIGHT! CULTURE CAFE!
☆A note about this week's vocabulary assignment:
Each slide must include:
- The vocabulary word.
- ☆ AN ORIGINAL SENTENCE using that vocabulary word.
- An audio recording of you saying your original sentence.
- A picture or phrase to help you remember the vocabulary word.
- READ THE DIRECTIONS AND THE RUBRIC IN THE ASSIGNMENT!!
A FEW DO'S AND DON'TS FOR YOU:
- DON'T use sentences from the video or the grammar notes - I will be able to tell if you swipe them and try to use them as your own.
- DO create your own, original sentences.
- DO take note of the part of speech of each word (verb, adjective, noun, phrase) and apply grammatical rules accordingly.
- DO use grammar you know how to use. If you can only create a simple sentence, that's fine!
IF YOU'RE NOT SURE how to use a word, ask me for an example! (DON'T swipe my example and use as your own, though, duh.)
LEARN & LISTEN TO THIS WEEK'S VOCABULARY
*You may remember the word もの from such words as:
- かいもの - shopping (literally translated, means: buy thing)
- あみもの - knitting (literally translated, means: braid thing)
- たべもの - food (literally translated, means: eat thing)
- のみもの - beverage (literally translated, means: drink thing)
Remember that we never literally translate words, but it's good to know that there are compound words like these, so you can easily make connections to expand and build your vocabulary!
Remember the parts of speech when creating your sentences
The word あたたかい is an い-adjective:
- あたたかい うみ に およぎました。
- I swam in the warm ocean.
The word もの is a noun:
- きょうしつ に もの が たくさん ありますね。。。
- There are a lot of things in this classroom aren't there...
And the word あとで is an adverb (and it doesn't need any particles!)
- あとで ともだち と あいます。
- I will meet with my friend later.
As usual, you can always find ALL of the grammar notes for ALL of the lessons under the course link "文法 Grammar!"
A FEW THINGS TO LISTEN FOR IN THIS WEEK'S LESSON VIDEO:
- さくら： だいちさん、ふゆやすみどこかにいきましたか。
- Sakura: Daichi, did you go anywhere for winter break?
Remember that どこ asks "where" and when we add か to it, it becomes "anywhere," or it could also be translated to "somewhere." This depends on the context.
- さくら： こんしゅうまつなにかしますか。
- Sakura: are you doing anything this weekend?
Again, we see the pattern repeated here. Normally, なに by itself, asks "what" but when added with か we ask the listener "anything."
Now, take a couple of minutes to watch this week's lesson video ↓
げつようび の オッフィス アワー
My office hours on Monday are from 7:00 to 9:00 PM!
You will be able to find me on Blackboard IM during these times. You can also call, e-mail, or text me!