Middle School Message
October 28, 2022
Our mission: We are a community of learners inspiring each child to explore, grow, and achieve.
Message from the Principal
We our looking forward to our first dance of the year this evening. Students need to be picked up at 7:30 pm. As a reminder, those students participating in the Highlights concert will be dismissed from the dance at 7:15 pm and an adult will walk them to the concert.
Enjoy a fun Halloween weekend!
Lakewood Local Schools Seeks to Pass Renewal Levy on November 8
On November 8, 2022, Lakewood Local Schools has a renewal levy on the ballot. This levy renews two existing levies into one ten-year emergency levy, and results in NO NEW TAXES for our taxpayers. The levies make up 24% of our annual budget and are crucial for the District to continue providing great educational and extra-curricular opportunities for our students, while also helping us maintain things like salaries, utilities and maintenance. The District works very hard to spend the money provided by our taxpayers responsibly, as evidenced by revenues exceeding our expenditures in the last fiscal year. To learn more about the upcoming Levy Renewal for Lakewood Local Schools, contact Superintendent Mark Gleichauf at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Treasurer Glenna Plaisted at email@example.com. Both also can be reached at our District Offices at (740) 928-5878. If you are interested in supporting the Lancer Pride Levy Committee, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICU--After School Help
Monday, November 21st (until 3:30)
Every Monday after January 3rd (time TBD)
Ms. Katie Brehmer
Ms. Brehmer is one of our 7th grade ELA teachers. She is also a Lakewood alum!
1. How long have you taught at LMS?
This is my 5th year teaching at LMS!
2. Favorite thing about seventh grade?
My favorite thing about 7th grade are the students! They are quirky,and still like to have fun, but are growing up and learning how to be a teenager. Even though they act and look grown up, they are still a child at heart. I love it!
3. Favorite thing about fall?
Each month in fall has a holiday! Halloween and Thanksgiving are my "countdown" to Christmas which is my favorite! Other than that, I dislike fall because the weather is no longer warm.
Ms. Jess Koches
Ms. Koches is our other 7th grade ELA teacher.
1. This is my 4th year at LMS! My first year here AND first year teaching was the pandemic year... so it is very cool to finally be in the most 'normal' of the bunch so far.
2. My favorite thing about seventh grade is the fact that they are the best of both worlds in many ways. They still have some of the joy and excitement about the 'elementary' things and they are beginning to show mature, older sides here and there, allowing you to connect with them on a different level. This, and with 7th graders the highs are real high and the lows are real low--it's a wild ride!
3. The best thing about fall is all of the expected things... sweaters, colors, the spooks! Most of all, I love that it is the beginning of the best three months of the year.
Lakewood Middle School
Mrs. Corum--Principal, email@example.com
Mr. Boland--Assistant Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Levier--Secretary, email@example.com
Mrs. Raymond--School Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Morrison--District Nurse, email@example.com