The Dangers of Cigarettes
Cigarettes- The Inside Story
Many smokers ignore the scary truths about what cigarettes really contain- over 4,000 chemicals, 50 of them cancer causing substances called carcinogens and many deadly poisons.
A Few Examples:
- Formaldehyde: Used in dead body preservation
- Cresol: Ingredient in creating bombs
- Vinyl Chloride: A known carcinogen; used in making PVC pipes
- Arsenic: Used to harden bullets and the main ingredient of rat poisons
- Cyanide: A very deadly poison; used in creating chemical weapons
More To The Addiction?
The Tobacco Industry purposely keeps the main addictive chemical, nicotine, in their tobacco products. These companies could easily remove this monstrous chemical, but nicotine keeps customers buying their products. How wrong is that? Without nicotine, it would much easier for smokers to quit their bad habit.
Cigarettes are known to cause deadly diseases such as cancer, atherosclerosis, emphysema, bronchitis, and leukoplakia. Too many smokers do not understand the true danger they are in. Many of these diseases are known to cause death.
- Cancer: Abnormal or uncontrolled cell division that causes a malignant growth or tumor to form.
- Atherosclerosis: On the inside walls of the arteries, plague builds up and causes heart attacks and strokes.
- Emphysema: An irreversible condition, the air sacs of the lungs lose their elasticity and no longer contract when breathing. Causes difficulty breathing.
- Bronchitis: the bronchial tubes inflame and coughing and soreness in the chest occurs.
- Leukoplakia: White spots or patches, pre-cancerous sores, form in the mouth.
Looking Towards a Grim Future
Tobacco related deaths are rising higher and higher on the death toll. The World Health Organization estimates that 100 million people died from tobacco related incidents in the 20th century. They predict that there could be over one billion tobacco related deaths in the 21st century.