Stanley Switlik Official Newsletter
Dear Switlik families,
School will be in session Monday. I am so glad we are out of the cone for now. We will continue to monitor Ian throughout the week and keep you posted in case things change.
This week is Celebrate Freedom Week. Students will learn about the sacrifices made for freedom in the founding of this country and the intent, meaning, and importance of the Declaration of Independence. To emphasize the importance of this week and to reaffirm the American ideals of individual liberty, we will conduct an oral recitation of the preamble to the Declaration of Independence.
Mark your calendar, this Wednesday, SAC and PTO are meeting at 5:30 in the media center. We will be presenting our school improvement plan and PTO will be finalizing plans for the Halloween Carnival. Please join us, your participation is truly appreciated.
Have a wonderful week!
Student Clubs Supported by the Community Foundation
- 9/28: Early Dismissal
- 9/28: PTO and SAC Meeting @ 5:30 in Media Center
- There are many useful links at the bottom of this newsletter.
- Breakfast and lunch are no longer free. Please apply for free or reduced lunch for these benefits. The link to do so is at the bottom of this newsletter.
- School hours are 8:25-3:20
- Drop-off begins at 8:10 and pick-up begins at 3:20. There is no supervision for students before 8:10 and early arrival for pick-up causes traffic congestion as it fills the lot and blocks US1.
- To make dismissal changes, notify the office in writing prior to 2:00 PM.
- Regular attendance is critical for success. Excessive absences, late arrivals, and early sign-outs result in missed opportunities for learning and will negatively impact your child's education.
- As a general procedure, parents may not sign students out of school after 2:45 PM. Should an emergency arise necessitating a sign out after 2:45 it will be managed on a case by case basis.
- Please call Odalis Mendez at (305) 289-2490 x 59370 to report all absences. We are incentivizing attendance and do not want your child to miss out due to an unexcused absence.
- We are accepting donations of rods and reels for our Fishing Club to the attention of Mr. Eller. All conditions accepted.
Come to School and Don't Miss these Experiences! Attendance Matters!
New Fishing Rods- Thanks to the Tackle Box!
Good Vibes in Mr. Wiley's Art Room!
A live reading of the Dot through TEAMS with the author himself in Media Center!
Thank you to United Way!
Free Books Delivered to You Every Month!
📘Mails a new book to each eligible enrolled K-5 grade student in Florida each month for free.
📕Helps students build a personalized library based on their interests.
👪Provides families with practical, supporting materials that build reading confidence.
📙Reinforces the science of reading strategies.
🧒👧Supports each student to successfully launch their reading skills and develop a love of reading.
To Enroll Your Child and for more information, s 👉https://www.newworldsreading.com/fl/en/home.html
Register for a free account to view your child's lunch balance, spending, as well as make payments online.
View your child's grades, attendance, and state test results in real time.