News for the HRRS/Juan Diego Academy Community
Principal's Message - April 20th
As I walked around on Saturday morning at the Jr. Daffodil Parade in Proctor, I was struck by how blessed I am to be a part of the Holy Rosary community. We really have an amazing group of families. It was a fantastic turn-out, great weather, and the band sounded fantastic! Special thanks to the Noltings for all of the work they put in on this special event. I ran into several former Holy Rosary families who said they were so pleased to see such a big crowd representing the school. We continue to build our school bigger and better and enrollment is all about "word of mouth". So, don't forget to tell your friends what a great school we have...if they sign up, you even get a free month of tuition!!
Have a great week!
Our Band...in Full Force at the Jr. Daffodil Parade!!
Important Reminders for this Week!!
- Thursday - All School Mass at 8:30 am. TIME CHANGE for this week only!!!!!
- Thursday - Kindergarten to the zoo!!
- Friday - Pre-K 3 and 4 to the Children's Museum!!
- All who are ill with cancer and other diseases.
- Dr. Haggarty (our Superintendent) who had heart surgery on Monday.
- Those who are home-bound.
- All who are homeless in our community and throughout the world.
Development News: Gala 2016!!
Did you miss the opportunity to purchase free dress prior to the crab feed? If you are still interested in purchasing, the cost is $25.00 per student. Students will be granted free dress for the last week of school from June 13 - 17. Please see Berenice in the front office if you would like to purchase a week of free dress for your student.
Development News: Gala 2016!
Our annual gala fundraising dinner is on May 7th. Last week we sent out a flyer and information sheet about purchasing Gala tickets. If you can't attend this fundraiser please consider a raise-the-paddle donation. We are very excited to announce this year that we have secured matching funds, so all donations will be matched dollar for dollar...doubling your money!! This event is our largest fundraiser which makes the gift of Catholic education accessible to all who seek it. We are hoping to meet our fundraising goal of $175,000. If you are interested in sponsoring, purchasing tickets, or want to be of assistance with this event, please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Volunteer Opportunities Gala:
If you are still looking for volunteer hours, we have opportunities for you with the upcoming Gala on May 7th. We would love help getting ready for this event. Please let us know if you can assist with decoration/event set-up on Thursday evening May 5th, Friday May 6th during the day, and Saturday, May 7th the day of the event. We would also like to put together a group to do post event clean-up on Saturday night, May 7th. The more hands, the quicker it will be complete. Thanks for your willingness to help make this event a success.
Signing up to volunteer for the Gala is easy! Sign up now on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/QjH8mD
We Love our Volunteers!! Thank You!!
A Special Thank You to:
- Shannon Hopkins - For all of her work on the Spring Fling!
- Mary Jane Long - For weekly volunteering with the 2nd and 3rd graders.
- Shanan O'Driscoll Hedges - For the Read-a-Thon
- If you are available to help with recess from 12:30 - 1 each day, it would really help our teachers!! Contact Berenice at email@example.com to sign up for this. Thank you!!
Curriculum Corner: What is and isn't Bullying?
If you have any questions on curriculum, please email Dr. Bridget Yaden at firstname.lastname@example.org.