Setting the Stage for Success
San Antonio, TX
June 26 & 27, 2019 / Two-Day Event
Explore the Power of Small Group Instruction!
Who Should Attend?
K-5 Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Other Educators Teaching Mathematics in Grades K-5.
Benefits of Attending
2. Discover ways to overcome students' Math Reluctance and Phobias. Introduce students to math in ways that are nonthreatening.
3. Walk away with Practical Guided Math Strategies to differentiate your instruction for small, focused guided math groups.
4. Incorporate Children's Literature into your math block in meaningful ways.
5. Utilize Math Assessments effectively. Help plan your instruction strategically for all your students.
6. Learn ideas for using Number Talks and Building Number Sense that your students will love!
7. Explore Math Notebooks and how to effectively implement them into your math block.
8. See examples of how highly effective educators plan for Rigor in their math instruction.
9. Gain Math Gaming ideas for building Problem Solving and numeracy skills.
10. Challenge your top math students while addressing the needs of your struggling learners.
A Message From the Presenter
Given the range of students’ mathematical skills, we must know how to balance a variety of instructional models, including whole group and direct instructional strategies, as well as small group lessons and interventions to meet individual student needs. When used correctly, guided math allows teachers to provide the necessary differentiated instruction that leads to success for all students. I am excited to spend a day together devoted to enhancing and strengthening guided math in your classroom in order to accelerate the math achievement of all your students.
During our day together, some of the topics we’ll explore are:
- A wealth of highly effective, timesaving strategies to make guided math work in your classroom
- Outstanding ideas, ready-to-use math lessons and a variety of resources for assessing and teaching math skills and concepts in a guided math format
- What the rest of your students are doing while you work with small groups
- How guided math makes differentiation possible to better meet the needs of all your students
- Innovative, hands-on guided math strategies perfect for grades K-3 students
- Powerful ideas to teach writing in math and innovative math talk strategies
I am truly excited to offer dozens of ideas, tips and suggestions you can take back to your classroom and immediately use to strengthen and enhance your math instruction using guided math. Please join me for a day that promises to be dynamic, fast-paced and packed with ideas to increase all your students’ achievement in mathematics.
P.S. You will receive an extensive resource handbook written specifically for this seminar. It is filled with all the strategies and ideas we’ll discuss during our day together.
June 26 & 27, 2019 / 8:30am - 3:30pm
$449 per participant
12 Hours of Professional Development Credit Will Be Earned
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION FORM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, EVEN IF IT IS AHEAD OF YOUR PAYMENT. This will let us know to reserve you a seat for the training in the event we have a sold out event.
You can register by Calling or Emailing your registration form in.
To pay by credit card, call our office at (817) 583-1290. We will send you a link to pay your registration fee online through our billing system. Credit Card payments must be received before the date of the seminar.
To pay by purchase order, submit your district PO by email or fax. Please make PO's payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates. Purchase Orders must be received before the date of the seminar. Please contact us if you require a W9 form.
To pay by check, please make checks payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates and mail to 374 Lantana Crossing Spring Branch, TX 78070. Checks must be received before the date of the seminar.
Call (817) 583-1290
Fax (972) 369-7327
For more Information Please contact us!
Strengthening Your Guided Math Workshop
Wednesday, June 26th, 8:30am
850 Halm Boulevard
San Antonio, TX
Wifi is provided
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Can't Make It?
Kelly Harmon's Book
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them