Explorer's Week at a Glance
September 27, 2021
Galvan's Mission Statement
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our Rock Solid Explorers!!!
Dates/Times to Note:
DATES/TIMES TO NOTE:
*** Please make sure to view all the Safety Videos required by the district ***
Map Testing for K-2 Schedule
Kindergarten Math - Tuesday, September 28th @ 9:30 am (using 3rd grade Chromebooks)
1st Math - Wednesday, September 29th @ 8:30 am (using 4th grade Chromebooks)
2nd Science - Tuesday, September 28th @ 8:30 am (using Chromebook COW)
3-5 Make-Ups SCHEDULE
*Proctors - Mrs. Franco, AP & Ms. Magallan, IC
*Reading & Math Testing Location - Library
Fri, Sept 24th @ 8:30 am
Tues, Sept 28th @ 12:45 pm
Science @ Teacher’s Discretion in classroom before Friday, October 1st
Language @ Teacher’s Discretion in classroom before Friday, October 1st
***College and Career Week***
Monday, September 27, 2021
- Faculty and Staff Picture @ 8:00 am- wear black "Be the Change" shirt
- Professional Development 8:30-4:30 pm
- Carroll Homecoming Parade 6 pm- Staff who come to parade will recieve a week pass of jeans☺
- Read-a-thon Fundraiser Begins
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
- Cont. MAP Testing
- Wear Camo or red, white, and blue
- Journey of Hope Training- Alvarez all day
- Principal Meeting @ 7:00 am Ybarra
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
- 504 Meetings *Teachers please check your calendar invites for the scheduled meetings with Mrs. Alvarez
- Wear favorite college shirt
- Lead Team Meeting @ 3:25 pm in Library
Thursday, September 30, 2021
- Cont. MAP Testing in grades K & 2nd
- ARD Meetings *Teachers please check your calendar invites for the scheduled meeting with Mrs. Gordon-Blanton or Ms. Ayala
- Dress like your dream career
- Lesson Plans Due by end of day by each grade level teacher
Friday, October 1, 2021
- Celebrate Galvan's 31st Anniversary 8:30-9:30 under the pavillion
- National Worker's Custodial Day!
- Kinder PLC from 12:30-1:30 pm
- Wear a Galvan T-Shirt for Jean's Day Friday!
- GSPD Due from all Certified Staff
Galvan Year at a Glance:
PK/Kinder- 10 minutes
1st- 15 minutes
2nd- 20 minutes
3rd- 30 minutes
4th- 40 minutes
5th- 50 miinutes
Please only assign for grades (1st thru 5th) Spelling and AR Reading 4 times a week and Math twice a week. All grade levels need to be giving the same homework and doing the same assignments. Kinder/PK may practice their letters and sightwords.
ALL MEANS ALL in Working Together as a TEAM to Communicate Effectively:)
Teachers make sure to take ADA Attendance at 10:00 am Daily for accountability.
*Galvan Launch Challenge- Encourage students to want to give a launch at the end of the day for their classmates to reflect.
Launch: Summarize main points and takeaways of today's lesson, clarify any commitments to action steps (homework), and share this meaningful, positive, powerful message:
- Have your students line up at the end of the day in a straight line.
- Explain to students that you are giving each person in line a letter of the alphabet.
- The first student in line will be "A," the next student will be "B," etc.
- Challenge students to try to come up with one thing or person they are thankful for that begins with their assigned letter. For example, A might be "air," and B might be "bed."
- End with this affirmation, "I am thankful for each of you...A to Z!"
District 2021-22 Calendar
District Expectation's Follow-up
2. Valley of the Vowels are posted in a V-shape and sound cards are up for grades Kinder thru 5th.
3. Deskshields are up checkerboard style in the cafeteria and classrooms until we recieve the rest of the deskshields.
4. District expects Professional Learning Communities to begin the 4th week of this grading period. Teachers will recieve 2 additional planning hours for next steps in the class and grade level.
5. Grades are entered weekly into the gradebook and submitted in a timely manner for IPR and Report Cards.
6. Emails are read in a timely manner to stay abreast important information and respond when nescessary.
7. Objectives are posted daily on the boards.
8. Attendance is taken daily iat 10:00 am n a timely manner.
9. Parent Logs are updated and turned into Mrs. Reyes for Title 1 documentation at the end of the grading period.
10. Per re-opening plan parents are not allowed to drop off school lunches after school starts. Please remind parents to make sure their child has their lunchbox before they are dropped off at school. We want to avoid miscommunication.
2. Dress Code is followed daily unless it's a school dress up day.
- Spirit Mondays may dress with Galvan shirt, slacks, or jeans. (refrain from wearing leggings or other t-shirts)
- Tuesday-Thursday dress professionally (refrain from wearing leggings, jeans, or t-shirts that are not School related)
- Refrain from wearing flip flops to avoid foot injury.
3. All staff children are to wait in the morning lines so they are safely monitored. They are not to be left unattened in the classrooms.
4. All Support Staff monitors are outside in the morning and open the doors at 7:45 am for the students to sanitize their hands then walk back to class in an orderly manner.
5. Please keep faculty/staff children from going into the staff lounge for safety purposes.
6. Refer to the 2021 Inclusion Teacher's list on the link below: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sgLXsX9e35utgrQnECnT8U64rqLZB_ZmIg9WK7Leask/edit?usp=sharing