Irons Jr. High Newsletter
We Are Hawks!
Welcome To Irons
I want to welcome you to Irons Jr. High. We are so excited to meet all of the Hawks that will make Irons home for the next two years! I know that the transition to Jr. High School can be a time filled with apprehension and anxiety. As a parent myself, I think the change was harder on us than our kids! I want everyone to know we are here to help with the transition to Irons Jr. High. At any time, you can reach out to our counselors in late July with questions or concerns.
To ease the transition, Irons will host a schedule pick-up day on Monday, July 31st. Schedule pick-up will be a come-and-go event enabling you to pick up your schedule and tour the building. We will also have PE clothes for purchase, yearbooks for pre-purchase, and a limited supply of school supply kits for purchase. Our 8th-grade students may attend from 4:00-5:00, and 7th-grade students may attend from 5:00-7:00. All students must be up to date on immunizations to receive a schedule. If needed you can find immunization resources below.
We are excited to announce online verification of student registration for the upcoming school year! This process replaces the paper forms sent home at the beginning of each school year. Your verification of student registration for your student in Conroe Independent School District is now available online. Please see more detailed information below.
Just a reminder that the Tdap (Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis) and Meningococcal are required BEFORE the first day of school, August 9, 2023, as well as any other immunizations not in compliance with state law. If your child has received these immunizations and you have NOT sent a copy to Irons Jr. High, please send your student's updated record via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (936) 709-8599. If you turned in the vaccination record last year will have all need information on file. If you wish to receive an exemption for immunizations, please request the form online at https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/school/exemptions.aspx .
The form must be notarized and the original kept in your student's school health file.
I will continue with communication throughout the summer. Please watch your email and text for continued updates.
Once again, we look forward to seeing everyone July, 31st at schedule pick up.
Irons Jr. High Principal
We Are Hawks!
Irons Schedule Pick Up July 31st
Please come and pick up your schedule, ID badge and tour the building. We will have spirit, athletic, and PE gear for sale. You can finish the night by stopping by Jeremiah's Italian Ice Harper's Preserve from 4-9 for our first Spirit Night of the Year. 20% of your order will be donated to the Irons PTO.
7th Grade 5-7
7th Grade Immunizations
Parents just a reminder that Tdap (Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis) and Meningococcal are required BEFORE the first day of school, August 9, 2023, as well as any other immunizations not in compliance with state law. The Department of State Health Services is not waiving the immunization requirements due to Covid-19.
If your child has received these immunizations and you have not sent a copy of your vaccine record to the school, please forward your student's updated record via email to email@example.com or fax to (936) 709-8599.
If you wish to receive an exemption for immunizations, please request the form online at https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/school/exemptions.aspx . The form must be notarized and the original kept here in your student's health file.
Students must have an updated immunization record on file with Irons to receive a schedule on the summer schedule pick-up day.
Enjoy your summer and stay well!
Glenda Castillo, RN
IRONS GUIDELINES FOR SUCCESS
IRONS DRESS CODE
- Clothing must cover areas and undergarments from one armpit across to the other armpit, down to approximately the middle of the thigh. Tops must have at least 1 1/2" straps. Cleavage should not be visible. Rips or tears in clothing should be lower than the middle of the thigh.
- Tops exposing midriffs, back area or cleavage are prohibited.
- Stuffed animals, and blankets are not allowed.
- Skirts and dresses must mid-thigh length.
- Shoes must be worn at all times and should be safe for the school environment (house shoes or slippers shall not be worn).
- See-through or mesh garments must not be worn without appropriate coverage underneath that meet the minimum requirements of the dress code.
- Headgear including hats, hoodies, bandanas, head scarves, skull caps, do-rags, beanies, hair bonnets, and caps are not allowed unless permitted for religious, medical, or other reasons approved by school administration.
- Clothing may not depict, imply, advertise, or advocate illegal, violent, or lewd conduct, weapons, or the use of alcohol, tobacco, marijuana or other controlled substances.
- Clothing may not display or imply vulgar, discriminatory, or obscene language or images.
- Sunglasses may not be worn inside the building.
- Clothing and accessories that endanger student or staff safety may not be worn.
If the parents are unable to bring a change of clothes for the student, we may:
- Ask the student to change into their PE shorts/shirts
- Provide them with a clean loaner set of PE clothes.
The Verification of Student Registration (you can update parent contact information)
You should have received an email this week with all of the following information. Please remember that the information will have gone to the email we have on file. Please check your spam folder if you did not see the email. If you need to update contact information this is how you will make the changes.
To the parent(s) of:
We are excited to announce online verification of student registration for the upcoming school year! This process replaces the paper forms sent home at the beginning of each school year. Your verification of student registration for Student at Conroe Independent School District is now available online.
How do I get started?
Click this snapcode link: individual for each student
What’s a snapcode?
By clicking on the link , you are automatically entering your child's snapcode. The snapcode is like a key to your child’s verification of student registration for the upcoming school year. You should receive a unique snapcode or snapcode link for each child.
Should I create an account?
- If you’ve never completed an online verification of student registration, you should create an account. This allows you to securely save your work and come back at a later time if necessary. You can use your email address or cell phone number.
- If you already have an account, you can sign in and complete the form. (You should use the same account to complete forms for multiple children.)
Do I have to answer all the questions?
Questions marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.
What if I make a mistake?
If you would like to make a change, click on the underlined field or click “< Prev” to return to a previous page.
I’ve completed the form, now what?
When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit.” This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot click on this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all required questions.
What if I have more than one student in the district?
Do I need to do this for each child? Yes, because you’ll need to provide information that is specific for each child. We recommend that you submit one verification of student registration and then start another – this will allow you to “snap over” shared family information, which will save you time.
I don’t know what a question is asking.
You can contact your child's school or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any general questions about the form or the online verification of student registration process.
Help! I’m having technical difficulties.
For technical support, visit our PowerSchool Enrollment Family Support at https://help.powerschool.com/t5/reg or email email@example.com or call (866) 752-6850, Monday through Friday, 7 AM - 4 PM.
If you will need bus transportation and have not signed up in the past please do so as soon as possible. Bus transportation can take up to 5 days for processing after your request.
Conroe ISD uses the SMARTtag™ ID system to increase security and efficiency across our campuses.
Note that returning Conroe ISD students will use their SMART tag™ ID from the previous year. Students new to a campus will receive a new SMART tag™ ID.
Learn how the system works and find FAQs at www.conroeisd.net/transportation/smart-tag/
To receive notifications about your child’s bus, including departure and bus stop arrival times, sign up for the SMART tag™ Parent portal at www.conroeisd.net/transportation/smart-tag-parent-portal/
How do I know if my child is eligible to ride the bus?
Board policy states that students who live more than one mile from school or students who live near identified hazardous roads, such as a highway, are eligible for transportation.
- When you register your child for transportation, the system will automatically assign a bus stop unless your physical home address is within one mile of your child’s school.
- If you do not need bus service, visit www.conroeisd.net/transportation/, select “Register for Transportation”, and click “No”.
How do I register my child for transportation?
Students who were registered for transportation last year in CISD are automatically registered to ride the bus the following school year unless there is a change in their home address or they now attend a school that is within one mile of their home.
- Students who are “new” to CISD or new bus riders must register for bus service online to be assigned to a bus. Please note that bus assignments can take up to five school days.
- You can register your children for transportation services and look up bus stop information by visiting our website at www.conroeisd.net/department/transportation.
1. Click “Register for Transportation” to register your child.
2. Click “What Bus Do I Ride?” to look up your child’s bus route.
3. Click “Student Eligibility” and enter your child’s Student ID number and date of birth to obtain their bus information for your child’s campus.
How do I know which bus my child will ride and the location of the stop?
How is the one-mile distance measured?
The one-mile measurement is made from the point at which the driveway of the residence meets the public/community road to the nearest point where any campus driveway meets the public road where any pedestrian walkway or greenbelt provides access to school property (through a gate or driveway). Distances are measured using CISD’s school bus routing software and/or Montgomery County Appraisal District (MCAD) maps.
What should I expect on the first few days of bus service?
Expect delays and routes to not run like clockwork for the first couple of days. There are many reasons for this including heavier traffic, drivers learning new routes, students learning new procedures and routines for loading and unloading buses. Rest assured, the safety and well-being of your children is always our number one concern.
Please note that route adjustments are made during the first few weeks of school and continue throughout the year due to changes in ridership. We ask for your patience and understanding. Registering your child for transportation early helps minimize these changes.
How do I arrange special needs transportation for my child?
Students with disabilities who are eligible according to their Individual Education Plan (IEP) will receive special transportation. Please contact your child’s campus to request special transportation services.
The Transportation Department website contains valuable information for your child about bus safety. Please keep our children safe by stopping for buses that are loading or unloading.
How can I pre-pay online for meals?
Parents can pre-pay online for meal accounts beginning August 1st, 2023 at www.myschoolbucks.com.
2023-2024 Breakfast Meal Prices
- Student Breakfast $2.00
- Student Reduced Breakfast $0.30
- Non-student Breakfast/2nd Student Breakfast $3.00
2023-2024 Lunch Meal Prices
- Student Lunch $3.20
- Student Reduced Lunch $0.40
- Non-student Lunch/2nd Student Lunch $4.60 (Teachers, Parents, Siblings)
School Meal Benefits: Did you know?
- That when you sign up for free and reduced lunch every year that you not only support your family with a needed benefit, but Irons Jr. High also receives increased funding for the school year. That extra funding is purely based on the number of students who receive service. You are helping your family and Irons Jr. High by completing the application every year. Please do not miss out on these available benefits.
- Applications may be completed on-line at https://www.myschoolapps.com/
- Complete one application per household. Eligibility is based on family income and size, or if the family has a SNAP or TANF number. The guidelines are located on the Free and Reduced Application.
- Parents will be notified if the students are eligible for Free/Reduced Meals.
- Students who participated in the Free/Reduced program during the previous year in Conroe ISD may continue to eat at the same Free/Reduced status for the first 30 days of school. When a new application is completed before the 30-grace period ends, the new status overrides last year’s status.
- Applications may take up to 10 days to process.
- Foster children are eligible for Free meals. Please contact our office with student information for faster processing or fill out an online application.
- Parents must pay for student’s meal until the lunch application is processed.
- You, your children or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply.
- All student financial information is kept confidential in the Child Nutrition Office.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT NAZIA NIZAM (936) 709-8197 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not miss out on this benefit, complete your application before your child loses benefits on September 5, 2023
Missed the Deadline for School Supplies?
Car Rider Arrival/Departure Procedures
- Form two lines at the entrance
- Merge into one line at the curve
- Please pull forward to the car in front of you
- Do not worry about blocking the service yard drive in the front of the school
- Only pick up students in the pick-up zone
- Do not park and have students walk to the parking lot for pick up
Irons Fall School Picture Day August 30th
Parent Resource Center
The PTO at Irons Jr. High is looking for parent volunteers and board members for the 22-23 school year. Almost all board positions are still available if you are interested. Also, throughout the year, there are fun activities and opportunities to help. If you are interested in helping out, please let us know how you can help. Contact us at email@example.com
Ways to donate:
Sign up as a Board Member - firstname.lastname@example.org
To be notified of various opportunities throughout the year - Remind101 text- @ironspto to 81010
Gifts of Green:
Venmo (coming soon)
AmazonSmile, donate to Irons Junior High PTO. You have to go to AmazonSmile before making purchases.
Please print, complete form and return to Irons Jr. High in the summer or at schedule pick up day.