International Dot Day, September 15
Stop in the library for a quick center and "make your mark!"
The Dot by Peter Reynolds
http://www.thedotclub.org/dotday/get-started If you haven't read The Dot by Peter Reynolds, you are missing out. This book is all about taking risks, being unique, and encouraging others. It is a quick read and there are so many great ways to celebrate with your students. Make sure to sign up and download your free teacher idea guide for celebrating with your students.
- Schedule a time for a library center (Teacher led, no Mrs. Witter. She will be book fairing) to decorate a dot (plate) or an augmented reality dot and watch it comes to life with an ipad.
- Read the ebook (It's on Tumblebooks.)
- Read the print book. (We own it in the library!)
- Print a poster (they are in Spanish too!)
- Check out Celebri-dots
- Check out our tree in the library
- Make your dot
- Check out #dotday on social media to connect with other teachers and classes.
- Share your dots! #dotday
- Connect to another classroom via Skype Education... email me if you want to do this!
The Dot Song Motions Guide - Emily Arrow & Peter H. Reynolds
Ready Set Draw-ish! Peter H. Reynolds' THE DOT
iPad Artwork Inspired by Peter Reynold's "The Dot"