RMS Monday Message
Monday, December 12, 2022
Welcome to the last Monday Message of 2022!
Hard to believe that we are over 3 months into the school year already! We have had so many great activities happening in our school and that has been no different this month leading up to Winter Break.
We want to congratulate and shoutout our Chorus and Band students as well as our Drama Club students on wonderful performances in the RMS Winter Concert and the RMS production of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Jr this past weekend. Amazing job!
This Friday 12/16, our Varsity Boys Basketball team has their home opener of the season and is hosting a Winter White Out!
See you in 2023!
Important Upcoming Dates
12/12 - Board of Education Meeting
12/15 and 12/16 - 8th Grade PE Bowling Trip to Spins Bowl
12/16 - Varsity Boys Basketball "Winter White Out" (See below)
12/14 through 12/21 - Winter Holiday Spirit Week (See Below)
12/21 - Quarter 2 5-Week Mark (Progress Reports sent home 1/6/23)
12/22 through 1/2 - Winter Break - No School for Students
1/3 - Students return to School
1/16 - No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
1/27 - End of Quarter 2
Winter Weather Updates and Delay Schedule
A Message from Dr. Landahl about Winter Weather:
Winter weather season appears to be on its way. I just want to take this opportunity to review a few things. We will do our best to make a decision by 5:15 am and once we do it will go out via email, phone, text, district website, and Facebook. For certain storms, we will make the decision the night before but typically it is done in the morning. We base decisions on road conditions and forecasts. Safety is my utmost concern and I will do my best to make the best call. We have five built-in snow days to our calendar and after we use those we will most likely use remote instruction days so we can keep things in the school calendar intact like Spring Break. We will communicate before the likelihood of using remote instruction days.
Welcome, Mrs. Pucino!
We also want to thank Mr. Schetter for his time as Interim Assistant Principal at RMS. Mr. Schetter has done a few leave replacements at RMS and we have been lucky to have someone as experienced as him work with our students.
At RMS was our Drama Club's Production of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Jr. this past Friday and Saturday nights. Very impressive performance!
A big shoutout to all of our performers and to the community who came and and supported our students. Seeing so many people in the crowd was great!
Important Notes to our Parents and Guardians
2. The past few weeks have produced higher than normal student absences due to various illnesses like the common cold, Flu, RSV and some COVID cases. At school, our custodial staff cleans and sanitizes classrooms and the cafeteria as well as commonly-touched surfaces multiple times a day. Students are allowed to wear masks in school. Masks are available in the main office. If your child is not feeling well, we recommend that they stay home from school. We ask that the parents/guardians please not send students to school with any of the following symptoms: Elevated temperature (fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication), Nausea or Vomiting, and Other Symptoms like excessive cough or sore throat accompanied by headache, muscular aches or pain. We appreciate your understanding in trying to keep everyone healthy!
RMS Winter Holiday Spirit Week
RMS Clubs and Sports News
2. Modified Cheer Practice will be every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday in the RMS cafeteria from 3:00-4:15 PM unless otherwise noted. Students can take a late bus on these days if needed. For the latest and up-to-date announcements regarding Modified Cheer, Parents/Guardians are invited to join our Google Classroom using the following code: w3czib3. Questions? See Coach Lepere.
3. Any 7th or 8th grade girl who is interested in playing Modified Softball this Spring Sports Season should plan on attending a meeting on Thursday, December 15th at 2:45pm in room D134. Questions? See Coach Oriani.
November Students of the Month
- Overcoming obstacles
- Demonstrates respect to the student body and faculty and/or honors and respects others' property.
- Exhibits behaviors of an upstander.
- Student is working to his or her potential and/or shows improvement in areas that are challenging.
- Shows a strong commitment to continuing their education.
- Demonstrates acceptance and tolerance of the differences in others.
- Goes above and beyond to show support of others.Demonstrating the ability to work independently.
- Exhibits good time management/organizational skills.
Congratulations to the students below!
November Teacher Lesson of the Month
Modified Winter Sports Schedule
12/15: Modified Girls Basketball vs. Valley Central 4pm @ RMS
12/15: Modified Boys Basketball vs. Valley Central 5:30pm @ RMS
12/16: Modified Wrestling vs. Newburgh 4:15pm @ RMS
1/4: Modified Wrestling vs. Monticello 4:30 pm @ RMS
1/5: Modified Boys Basketball vs. Middletown 4:30pm @ RMS
1/9: Modified Wrestling vs. Valley Central 4:15pm @ RMS
1/10: Modified Girls Basketball vs. Minisink 4:30pm @ RMS
Our last day of school is Wednesday, December 21st, 2022. School will reopen on Tuesday, January 3rd, 2023.
Have a healthy and happy Winter Break!
Mr. Soltish, Mr. Carofano, and Mrs. Pucino