Parchment North - Sept. 20
Mark your Calendars for Picture Day
Friday, Oct. 9th - Hybrid Group B
Remote students who would like their picture taken can come from 1:30 to 3:00 on either day. We will use the gym for pictures and an outside entrance.
- Please remind students to check email regularly on their at home learning days.
- For hybrid at home learning days, students should continue working on their play books. Students have not yet received their schedule for joining google meets for small or large groups (we are still testing).
- Hybrid students should bring chromebook to school each day.
- Parchment Remote students have a set schedule provided by teachers. Students need to be logging on their designated time throughout the day.
- Use North website to fill out tech/academic support form if you have questions. We have staff available throughout the day to help answer your questions.
- Staff contact information (school phone, google voice and email)
- Tech/academic support form for questions - We have staff available throughout the day to help answer questions.
- Resources for families
- Specific school information and announcements
Here is the link:
You can also find the link on parchmentschools.org - Sites - North Elementary - Quick Link for Remote Learning Website
At Home Learning Sample Schedule
One of the major reasons we are implementing the Playbook method is to offer flexibility to families. While we encourage you to set up a daily schedule, we understand the many challenges families are facing with hybrid and remote learning. Here is a sample general schedule to help for your planning. We created this schedule based on screen time recommendations. Please note, our remote learners will have more google meet sessions in their schedule. This is only a SAMPLE.
9:00 - 9:10:
Check website (homeroom page) and email for any updated information.
9:10 - 9:15:
Update daily planner (students will practice at school beginning week of 9/21). *Be sure to note any google meets students need to attend.
9:30 - 9:50: Work on ELA Playbook
9:50: Movement Break
10:15 - 10:40: Continue work on ELA Playbook
10:40: Movement Break and snack
11:00 - 11:20: Work on Math Playbook
11:20 - 12:30: Lunch and movement
12:30 - 1:00: Continue work on Math Playbook
1:00 - 1:30: Independent Reading Time
Check email and google calendar (students will be learning week of 9/21) for any updated information.
Fill out planner page for next day
When making your schedule the general guideline is 1 - 2 hours of screen time per day for on-line learning, incorporating a balance of physical play and movement. For example, after 20 - 30 minutes working on-line, students should take a break with physical activity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Stay Connected with Apptegy!
- Create a schedule/checklist together. A schedule is helpful because your child will know what to expect. Using timers can be very motivating to children and help them make work seem more attainable.
- We will introduce planner pages to students this week. You can help support this by double checking that they have filled it in each day. Be patient, this will take training and practice!
- Remind your child to read and reread directions and highlight/underline keywords. Part of this new learning is encouraging students to become more independent learners.
- Have your student check North website and email daily for any recent information and/or support documents.
- Encourage physical movement in between work sessions.
- If you or your student have questions, whether it's tech or academic related, visit the North website and complete the at home learning support form. We have staff available throughout the day to support our students and families.
School Counselor Information from Mrs. Hyer
School #: 269-488-1457
Google Voice #: 269-290-7258