Spotlight On Education
Monthly newsletter from Brownsburg Schools - April 2022
Congratulations to the 147 new members inducted into the Brownsburg High School National Honor Society last month (above) and the 101 members inducted into National Junior Honor Society at West Middle School last night (below). East Middle School will induct 137 new NJHS members in a ceremony this evening.
BHS, BEMS, and BWMS have some of the most rigorous requirements in the state with members achieving a 3.8 or higher cumulative GPA while also exhibiting leadership and service to others.
Celebrating the BCSC Teachers & Staff Members of the Year!
Honorees will be celebrated in a special ceremony in May attended by family and friends. That's also when the overall BCSC Teacher and Staff Member of the Year will be announced. Thank you to all BCSC staff for what you do for our students and families every day!
*Because of their small staff, Harris, BECC, Central Office and ALPHA honor a staff member on alternate years.
PK, K & New Student Enrollment for 2022-2023 - NOW OPEN
Incoming Kindergarten and Preschool students, and anyone who will be new* to Brownsburg Schools in the upcoming school year should ENROLL NOW. CLICK HERE to complete online enrollment for future Bulldogs. (Please select the link for 2022-2023 for those students starting with BCSC next school year.)
*Current students who will be returning for the next school year will update their registration through the email registration sent in March
Limited Out of District Enrollment Open Through May 27th
BHS-TV & Extended Play Club Earn First at State
BHS Choirs Finish in Top 10 at State
BHS DECA Students Qualify for International Competition
- Matthew Smith, Alec Walter and Jacob Thompson 3rd place finish in Hospitality Research Operations Paper Project
- Maddie LeMieux, Riley Ross and Kaida Spoljaric 3rd place Integrated Marketing Campaign Product Paper Project
- Mackenzie Meade, Lincoln Patterson and Alison Rickert 2nd place Business Solutions Project Management Paper Project
- Megan Beliles, Leah Kingery and Maryam Shakil 2nd place Career Development Project Management Paper Project
- Cy Logan, Adeseeke Olofintuyi, Uriah Wade – 2nd Place Community Awareness Project Management Paper Project
- Jeremiah Clayton, Stayja Washington and Eli Woodward – 1st Place Financial Literacy Project Management Paper Project
- Brownsburg DECA Gold Recertification of Retail and Food Sales Paper Project (Nick Cloyd, Charlie Keys and Reese Langhorne will compete at Internationals)
- Kyle Doctor and Brayden Walters – 1st place Business Law Team Decision Making Event
- Ryder Ross and Jacob Dunn- 4th Place Sports and Entertainment Marketing Team Decision Making Event
- Megan Schulenberg – Competency Medallion, 1st place Marketing Concepts role play and 2nd place overall for Entrepreneurship Role Play Event
- Brianna Zellers – 2nd Place Promotion Role Play and 4th place overall for Restaurant and Food Service Management Role Play Event
- Marie Kingery Elected 2022-2023 Region 5 President for Indiana DECA
- Carson Adelspberger Elected to Attend Elevate Conference
- Baylei Crawford Elected to attend Ignite Conference.
Brownsburg Bands Running of the Bulldogs 5K - THIS WEEKEND
The Running of the Bulldogs 5K is a community event to raise money for the Brownsburg High School Band, Guard, and Orchestra. This year’s event will take place on Saturday, April 9, 2022, at Brownsburg East Middle School. Runners and walkers of all ages and skill levels are welcome!
Live event and virtual options are available. CLICK HERE to register.
Congratulations BHS art students!
In the News
BHS junior and Dual Credit US History student O. Freeman is preparing for an awesome learning experience in Hawaii after a Brownsburg teacher-student team was chosen to participate in the Sacrifice for Freedom: World War II in the Pacific Student and Teacher Institute. The teacher half is BHS Social Studies teacher Dawn Crone. The program is through National History Day.
CLICK HERE to read more.
In its 21st year, the before-school program continues to teach students perseverance under the guidance of PE teacher Zach Kelley.
CLICK HERE to watch the full segment.
BCSC Now Hiring Subs
BCSC is hiring substitute teachers and substitute instructional assistants. We work with various interests and availability. CLICK HERE for more information. Interested candidates can apply online at www.brownsburg.k12.in.us and contact Jeanette Snyder or Jodi Gordon at 317-852-5726 to schedule a time to meet.
Subscribe to the Bulldog Bulletin
Brownsburg students in grades 1-5 can now register for the free elementary track meet on April 20th! CLICK HERE to register
BCSC Food and Clothing Pantry
The BCSC Food Pantry launched in the summer of 2014 through a partnership with Gleaners Food Bank. Thanks to the hard work of community and staff volunteers and Applied Skills students in the Collaborators for Success program at BHS, the pantry has served over 27,000 individuals and 7,200 families since 2014. BCSC families have also contributed donations to help make the pantry such a great resource for our community.
The pantry is open again on April 7 from 3pm-5:30pm in a drive thru setting and always on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Thursdays of the month. Visitors can use door #7 at the ALPHA/Harris Academy building, 725 C South Green Street.
If you have questions about the pantry, please contact Tracy Damone at email@example.com.
We collect flyers from local non-profits and put them all in one place for you - the Flyer Folder! Check back for frequent updates or click the button and bookmark the page.
From the Brownsburg Education Foundation
SAVE THE DATE!
BEF Chip in for the Kids Golf Outing
Presented by Summers Plumbing, Heating and Cooling
Friday, June 10. 2022
Shotgun start at 8:30 am
Registration and breakfast begin at 7:30 am
West Chase Golf Club
CLICK HERE to register or for more information.
Helpful Health Information from our partners at Hendricks Regional Health
BCSC Board of School Trustees
Eric Hylton, President
Dr. Matt Freije, Vice President
Jessica Heffernan, Secretary
Tiffany Dearman, Member
Mike Wells, Member
Dr. Jim Snapp, Superintendent
Dr. Kat Jessup, Assistant Superintendent
John Voigt, Chief Operating Officer
Shane Hacker, Chief Financial Officer
Jodi Gordon, Director of Human Resources
Jennifer Dezarn-Lynch, Director of Special Education
Editor: Vicki Murphy, Communications Coordinator
310 Stadium Drive, Brownsburg, IN 46112