Community, School & Families
A South High School Summer Experience
We've Got That Magic
BUILDING BRIDGES TOGETHER
The most effective teamwork happens when individual team members harmonize their efforts and work toward a common goal. Our building leaders, teachers, and support staff over the summer created powerful, hands-on enrichment opportunities that will challenge students to continue growing as learners. We are looking forward to the 2023-2024 school year.
$$ GRADUATES & HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS OPPORTUNITIES
8th grade promotion: They did that with Style & Smiles!
Mark your calendars and register above! 2023-24 Back to School Resource Fair Fort Hayes August 19, 2023, from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Complete all important forms here
A detailed video of how parent portal works, watch what families can access.
If you’ve forgotten your username/password, click on EXISTING USER in the Portal, then click FORGOT USERNAME/PASSWORD, and the information will be sent to the email used to set up the account. If you no longer have access to the email you used when setting up the account, please send a picture ID and your student’s name and date of birth to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEET ME ON MONDAYS!
Who am I? Read more about me:
Get involved in making the South Side a thriving place for all by participating in local events.
Why is family and community important?
Family and community engagement greatly increases the likelihood that students will learn and thrive. Students are more prepared for school, more likely to achieve, and more likely to graduate when they are supported by schools, families, and communities working together in a coordinated manner. Take advantage of your community opportunities:
- Must Do Family Attractions in Columbus
- Family Fun & Free Carousel Rides at Columbus Commons
- Friday Morning Commons for Kids (Games, Inflatables, Face Painting)
- Columbus Recreation & Parks Schedule
- Free Admission to the Wex Center for The Arts on Sundays
- Free Sundays at the Columbus Museum of Art
- Free Virtual Microsoft Workshops for Families and Students
- $5 Tuesdays at Marcus Theatres
Coffee and Conversation on the Southside
- July Coffee and Conversation, southside will be hosting staff from The Office of Violence Prevention. This will take place on Thursday, July 27th from 10:00 am to 11:30 am at The Reeb Center. Please send an email to RSVP to this event.
- Thursday, July 27: Rise Up CBUS Free Resources & Food
- Thursday, July 27: Polaris Touch-A-Truck
- Friday, July 28 – Saturday, July 29: Picnic with the Pops – Ohio State University Marching Band
- Friday, July 28: Westerville Fourth Friday Festival
- Saturday, July 29: Zanesville Touch-A-Truck
THE OHIO STATE FAIR 2023
July 26 - Aug 6, 2023 - The Ohio State Fair!
Buy early and save!
- Advance Admission – $8 (valid June 1 – July 25 only)
- Midway ride-all-day wristbands – $32 each (through July 25 only)
Ohio State Fair Advance-sale Admission
June 01 - July 25, 2023
Advance-sale admission tickets are on sale June 1 through July 25 for just $8! BUY NOW!
- $32 Ride-All-Day Wristband, Advance-sale
- $35 Ride-All-Day Wristband, At the Fair
- $1 credits — Fairgoers can buy individual ride credits for $1 each. All rides require 3 or more credits.
Things we need to know for the upcoming school year 2023-2024 click here!
STUDENT HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
As the new school year approaches, it is important to ensure students are prepared with all their necessary supplies and that they are on top of all their required immunizations.
Behavioral and mental health treatment and prevention services are available at various central Ohio schools. These services offer a patient- and family-centered care approach to student success and mental health and wellness.
DISTRICTWIDE SCHOOL YEAR CALENDAR 2023-2024
Middle & High School Supply List
Ohio law gives parents and guardians the right to review the curricula taught in their children’s schools. Learn more about parental and guardian review of the district curriculum. Watch board meetings & agendas here.
Looking for work, then look no further!
The City of Columbus is hiring:
- 3-1-1 Service Representatives. The 311 Service Representative I exam posting is now live on the civil service site. It can be found here. Please note that this is only to apply to take the test, there is no guarantee of an interview or employment. If anyone has specific questions about the test or process, please contact the Civil Service Commission offices at 614-645-8301.
Welcome to Columbus City Schools' Employment Opportunities where you can review current openings, and overall job classifications and submit your application(s) online!