News from Room 8
- If you haven't already returned the Games to Go bag, please do so this week.
- I hope you enjoyed the plant and the special gifts your child made.
- Please note that the last day of school, May 26th, is now a half day. Students will be dismissed at 11:00am.
- Kindergarten PALS reading testing will take place all day on Friday, May 13th. Please have your student get a good night's sleep the night before.
- May 9-20 - Kindergarten PALS testing
- May 23rd - Field Day/ STEM Day
- May 24th, 9:00-10:30 - Kindergarten End of Year Award Ceremonies
- May 26th - Last Day of School! 11am dismissal
This Week's Learning Goals
- continue to practice and use reading strategies when listening to and reading stories. (Reading SOLs: K.1, K.2, K.3, K.8, K.9, K.10)
- write to communicate ideas. (Writing SOL: K.12b-d)
- use technology for writing. (Writing SOL: K.13)
- combine two sets of objects and determine the sum, where the sum is not greater than 10. (Math SOL: K.6)
- determine the result of taking away part of a set of up to 10 objects. (Math SOL: K.6)
- describe some simple changes animals undergo during their life cycles. This may include changes in their body size, color, covering, or shape. (Science SOL: K.7)
- compare and contrast young animals with their parents, using pictures and/or live organisms. (Science SOL: K.7)