Wildcat Weekly for Parents
West Edgecombe Middle School | From the Desk of Dr. Ballard
Mark your calendars and make plans to join us!
Calendar + Athletic Dates to Remember
Saturday, January 28 - NCSU MSEN, 7:30am-2:30pm
- Monday, January 30 - Basketball @ South
- Spring Sports' Tryouts will begin on Tuesday, February 14 at 3:30pm
Youth Leadership Opportunity: McIntyre Youth Leadership Challenge
Registration is open for high school and middle school students to participate in the McIntyre Youth Leadership Challenge. For more information and to register, check out the website or this flier.
NC School of Math and Science STEM Nights - Free!
The STEM Nights will be held virtually on Wednesday, February 1, Tuesday, April 25, and Tuesday, May 2, 2023. All STEM nights are from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Join us for one or more fun evenings with exciting STEM activities led by our very own NCSSM instructors.
Your 7th and 8th graders will participate in STEM-inspired activities and learn what it's like to attend NCSSM. If you have a 7th or 8th grader who is interested in attending one or more of the NCSSM, you can register for either of the following dates no later than one week prior to the event.
Affordable Connectivity Program
The FCC Affordable Connectivity Program is available to families in the district. This program offers free hotspots and data or internet services from a cable provider. All ECPS school students, except EECHS, are part of the USDA Community Eligibility Program (Free or Reduced Lunch). EECHS students may still be able to qualify if they receive free or reduced lunch or meet other criteria.
ImagineWest Micro School
A few reminders:
- The tardy bell rings at 8:05am. Please make sure your student is in the building by 8:05am. Students not in class by 8:05am will receive tardy documentation.
- 11:40am is the halfway point in the school day. If your student checks in after this time or checks out before this time, he/she will be counted absent for the entire day.
- All students must be in uniform daily. See the image below for uniform expectations.