Summit Middle School
Library and Technology News - Student Edition
Students and Parents,
Wow! May is here and we only have four more weeks of school. Hard to believe. I have really enjoyed being in the library this year and I'm loving the student excitement we have about books! We are getting more new books over the next few weeks. I have ordered all the books that students have put on the Summit Wish List and I will be creating a Google Form to put on our website for students to add to our wish list during the summer. Keep checking Summit's website for updates.
In April, we had record sales with our Scholastic Book Fair. Thank you to all the parents, grandparents, students and teachers that helped make it a huge success. It was so fun and I loved seeing the students excited about buying books to take home! We will have another Scholastic book fair in the fall.
Our last day to check out books will be May 14th and then all books need to be turned in by May 24th. Emails will be sent out again to remind students to turn in all library books. We have several books that have been marked lost, please bring those books back to Summit's library and the fine will be removed.
Thanks again for making my first year in the library so wonderful. I wish everyone the best!
And the winners are...
May Book Recommendations
Top 10 Summit Library Books from the Past 30 Days
- Guts by Raina Telgemeier
- The Adventures of Jack Lime by James Leck
- Dork diaries: tales from a not-so-dorky drama queen by Rachel Renee Russell
- The Lost Heir by Tui Sutherland
- The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl by Stacy McAnulty
- Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson
- The War I Finally Won by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
- Best Friends by Shannon Hale
- The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney
- Don't forget to charge your Chromebook every night.
- Power off your Chromebook at least once a week.
- A quick fix for many Chromebook problems is to just remove the user and Power Off.
- Close tabs that you are not using; the more tabs that are open--the slower your Chromebook will be.
- 6th graders: Charge your chromebooks using the port on the right side.
- If you are not at school and your Chromebook is broken, please go to Tech Central at 1216 S. Rankin St., Edmond. Hours of Operation are 8 am - 4pm, Monday-Friday.
Summit library media director
Feel free to email or call me anytime you have questions or concerns about tech issues, our library, books, databases or Chromebooks.