Longridge Community Update
The Best Part of LR is the People!
We are just over a week from the start of the 21-22 school year and we couldn't be more excited to have all students back to school five days a week! It has been roughly 18 months/about 550 days since we have had all students walking the halls and in classrooms in our building. The return to full in-person learning brings back some processes that we had used in years past, but it is also an opportunity to apply what we have learned over the last 18 months. The remainder of this newsletter will include updates for all parents and guardians to start the year.
If you have any questions about these new developments, please feel free to reach out to us in the main office at 966-5851.
School Improvement Update
1. The Longridge Community is committed to helping students feel a greater sense of belonging.
2. The Longridge Community is committed to helping every student achieve at least one year of growth in mathematics.
A tremendous thank you to the parent representatives that served on our team:
- Christine Hetzel
The full version of the plan can be found at the link below:
Some highlights for parents and guardians:
- Students that are quarantined at home will be provided work by their classroom teachers, but will not be joining class live.
- Masks are required for students, staff, and visitors
- 3 feet of social distancing will be honored where possible and other mitigation efforts will be taken when students will be close than 3 feet (ie. masks, increased ventilation, etc)
New Visitor Policy
Dismissal Process Update
- Students being picked up will be dismissed to the cafeteria beginning at 3:30 p.m. Please note that this is the dismissal time for all students.
- We are asking that calls to the office for pick-up occur before 3 p.m. Calls that come after 3 p.m. delay the dismissal process for all students.
- Parents and guardians will enter the cafeteria, be processed with a photo ID, and pick-up their child indoors.
- All parents and guardians that enter the building are required to wear a mask.
- All pick-ups after 3 p.m. will be in the cafeteria.
Please see the satellite photo below for entrance and exit during dismissal if you will be picking up your child from the school.