May 6, 2016
Mark Your Calendar!
- May 8- Happy Mother's Day
- May 9- STAAR Testing- 3 and 4 Grade Math and 5th grade Math Retest
- May 10- STAAR Testing- 3 and 4 Grade Reading and 5th Grade Reading Retest
- May 11- STAAR Testing 5th Grade Science
- May 12- Carson Family Night at Cici's Pizza 5:00-9:00
- May 12- 2nd Grade to Ranger's Stadium
- May 12- 5th Grade to Six Flags
- May 13- Field Day
- May 16- BOGO Book Fair
- May 16- 5th Grade to tour 6th Grade
- May 17- Science Magic Assembly
- May 18- 3rd-5th GT to High School
- May 19- 5th Grade to the Grasslands
- May 20- PTO Tasting Bee and Cookbook Signing
- May 23- Techno Expo 9:00-10:00
- May 23- 5th Grade Music Program 6:00
- May 24- Talent Show 1:00
- May 25- 2nd Grade Historical Tour of Decatur
- May 25- 1st Grade Reading Restaurant 8:30-10:00
- May 26- Battle of the Books
- May 27- No School!
- May 30- No School!
- June 2- Last Day of School!
Carson Elementary PTO is selling cookbooks of recipes gathered from Carson staff, students, and parents! I've seen it, and it is a good one! Get yours today for $10! Send the money to school with the attention PTO. We will have our tasting bee so that you can sample the recipes on May 20th! More information coming soon!
Attention: 5th Grade Parents!
Please come and join the McCarroll Middle School PTO meeting in the library at 4:30 on May, 11 at the 6th grade middle school library. Find out what we are doing at McCaroll Middle School and ways you can get involved. MMS PTO will be taking nominations for elections. The current secretary is leaving and we will be filling her spot. The secretary sends out emails about luncheons and keeps track of membership. This is approximately a 30 minute per week committment. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Parr- President @903-283-6318 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominate A Difference Maker
"Difference Makers" is an opportunity for students, staff, parents and community members to formally recognize Decatur ISD employees for the positive work they do for children and our school district. Click "Difference Maker" and follow the link.