March 16 - 20
Cotton Club 2015
Odds & Ends
- Grades are due to PowerTeacher on March 26 by 1pm
- If you are interested in helping pre-screen candidates during the District Recruitment Fair on April 11 from 8:30 - 12:30, email me ASAP.
- If you haven't completed the survey for my Principal Induction program, please do. I'd really like your feedback.
- Spring Picture Day will be Wednesday, April 8
- Lydia Nicholson and Vanyel Adams have been selected to represent Mt. Gallant at Ebenezer's leadership day.
Save the Date! April 28 @ 4:15pm
1. Capital and Technology Plans
2. District Culture Survey Results
Please see the dates and locations below. Every faculty/staff member needs to attend a faculty meeting.
April 28th at Northwestern High School Auditorium at 4:00 p.m.
Team Trojans to include:
Northwestern High School
Dutchman Creek Middle School
Rawlinson Road Middle School
York Road Elementary School
Old Pointe Elementary School
Ebinport Elementary School
Mt. Gallant Elementary School
India Hook Elementary School
Rosewood Elementary School
Art Night! April 16 from 5:30 - 7:30pm
I am hanging a sign-up sheet for Art Night in the mail room. It is Thursday April 16th, 5:30-7:30.
First graders will be providing entertainment during dinner (at 5:30). Art activities will open at 6.
Those of you who have helped before know that I handle all of the prep work. All you have to do is show up on time and man the room. Parents are asked to supervise and participate in all activities, so it's really just a matter of managing the area. I've changed a few activities (no more making play dough!) and kept a few of the favorites. I hope you'll find something just right for you!
Thank you for volunteering! I truly understand how busy this time of year can be and how valuable your personal time is. Having teachers run the stations means that parents can be fully involved with their children and creates a real FAMILY event. That was my goal when I created "Art Night" - not just to showcase the artwork created by our talented students, but also to have a free evening for our whole MGES family to come together and enjoy each other.
Principal Induction Survey
As part of my first year principal training, I am required to undergo a 360 degree evaluation. While this is not part of my district evaluation, I will receive the results from the State Department and will use them for self-reflection and professional and personal growth. Within the week, you all will be getting an email asking for you to complete a survey about me. Please take time to complete honestly and thoughtfully. It is anonymous and all responses are held through a third party. Final results will be compiled for me to see. All surveys must be completed by March 25. Members of the district office will also be asked to complete a survey regarding my performance and leadership this year.
If you haven't received an email from Center for Creative Leadership by Friday, check your junk folder. Thank you so much for providing constructive feedback.
- Spirit Night McAlister's - Last Day for Boxtops
- Science Bowl Team (Ms. Ghent) competes at 2pm
- Reception for Teachers' Choice Art Exhibit - 6-7pm
- Happy St. Patrick's Day!
5th grade CBL students - 11:40 - 12:30 (lunch in media center before work at museum)
- No Faculty Meeting - Grade level PLCs to meet; PST
- Terrific Kid Ceremony @ 8:30
- RekenWHAT? Math Workshop held at MGES
- SIC Survey sent to parents
- Moree @ Principal's Network
- Grade Level PLC Minutes Due to Canvas
- Family Health Field Day - Teachers arrive at 1:30
March25 - Spirit Night @ TCBY
30-31 - Spring Break
1-3 - Spring Break
6 - Snow Make-up Day
8 - Spring Pictures
11 - District Recruitment Fair @ Saluda Trail
11 - Battle of the Books @ Independence
15 - Spirit Night @ TCBY
16 - Family Art Night 5:30 - 7:30
23 - HealthSource Massages - PM
24 - Health Source Massages - AM
24 - PTA lunch and desserts
28 - ACT Writing and English
28 - District Faculty Meeting at Northwestern 4pm
29 - ACT Reading
30 - ACT Math
31 - ACT Science (Third Grade Only)
7 - PASS Science - 4th and 5th grades only
8 - PASS Social Studies - 4th and 5th grades only
25 - Snow Make-up Day