Early Literacy Conference, K-3
Second Annual, at SERESC!
Tuesday April 12, 2016
29 Commerce Drive
Bedford NH 03110 603 206-6800 www. seresc.net
Explore critical topics that drive early literacy instruction. Leave with ideas to use right away!
Topics, and Session Descriptions
Find these topics in various conference sessions:
- Developing students' word consciousness in a rich oral language environment
- Dual language learners- what we know and what we need to do
- Early Writing development- sentence sense activities
- Early Writing development- throughout the school day
- Integrating science into early writing
- The science of the young brain and research about reading readiness
- Evidenced based practices for modifying and adapting traditional early literacy instruction for children who have complex learning profiles
- Kindergarten Readiness Indicators, State of NH
- Reading/writing connection
- Connections between skill development in mathematics and reading
- Instructional practices to promote comprehension related to anything that is "read, said or done" during the school day.
Check out full Session Descriptions here.
Who are the Presenters?
Find out more about our lineup of experienced, highly regarded presenters sponsored by Wilson Language Training, Grimes Institute, Keys to Literacy, and SERESC.
Link to Presenters Page here.
Who Should Attend?
Schedule April 12, 2016
- 8:15-8:55 am Check-in, Networking, Continental Breakfast, Sponsor Tables
- 9:00 am- 12:00 pm Morning Sessions 1, 2, 3, 4. 15 minute break at Presenter discretion- somewhere between 10:15 and 10:45 am
- 12:00-12:45 Lunch at SERESC, Networking, and Sponsor Tables
- 12:45-3:30 Afternoon sessions 5,6,7,8 15 minute break at Presenter discretion- somewhere between 2:00 and 2:30 pm.
Certificate of Attendance available for up to 5.5 Contact Hours.
Check in starts at 8:15 am; Sessions begin at 9:00 am
Continental Breakfast and Lunch at SERESC
$175.00 Per Participant
$150.00 early registration rate. Register and pay by 3/28/16---Enter discount code:EARLY*REGISTRATION.
**For Member District Discount: See your school district administrator for a code to use when you register online.
Registration Closes on 4/5/16. To inquire about available seats after this deadline, contact firstname.lastname@example.org Every effort will be made to accommodate your need.
SERESC Conference Center
29 Commerce Drive
Bedford, NH 03110
Our mission is to inspire innovation and excellence in education and professional practice, and our vision is for helping organizations and individuals achieve their greatest potential as they learn, lead and grow. Our core values are innovation, excellence, integrity, and service.
Click below for directions