by Derek Rehberger
- many large or deep bruises
- unexplained bleeding
- joint pain and swelling
- blood in urine and stool
- heavy or prolonged menstrual cycles
- internal bleeding
- swollen joints
Biology of Hemophilia
Type of Inheritance
Type of Mutation
"Mutations in the F9 gene cause a type of hemophilia called hemophilia B. More than 900 alterations in this gene have been identified. The most common mutations change single DNA building blocks (base pairs) in the gene. A small percentage of mutations delete or insert multiple base pairs or rearrange segments of DNA within the gene. (https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/gene/F9)"
Famous People With Hemophilia
- aminocaproic acid (injection or orally)
- desmopressin (injection, orally, or nasally)
- tranexamic acid (injection or orally)
- IV Fluids are also common
"Hemophilia." Genetics Home Reference. N.p., 14 Mar. 2016. Web. 20 Mar. 2016. <https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/hemophilia>.
"What Is Hemophilia?" Homecare for the Cure. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2016. <http://www.hemophilia-information.com/what-is-hemophilia.html>.