April 14, 2023
This week, we want to express our appreciation for our volunteers, the people who have given of their time and efforts to help make Lincoln the wonderful place that it is. Your support provides our students with a more enriching and nurturing environment, whether it is our WatchDOGS who push kids on the swings at recess, our moms who beautify our hallways and stage for programs, people who help with shelving library books so that our kids can find the perfect book waiting for them on the shelf, field trip chaperones, guest speakers, or people who cut out laminating, what you do matters. We appreciate you and your partnership with our staff in support of our students. Lincoln is a better place because of you. Thank you.
Do you have any Pre-K through 5th graders that you plan on enrolling at Lincoln for the 23-24 school year that are not currently enrolled? Do you know anyone who does? Next week through May 12, we will have our early enrollment period. We highly encourage families to use this opportunity to get their children enrolled for the upcoming school year. This allows them to receive communications over the summer and gives us a better idea of how to plan for the school year in regards to staffing.
For your convenience, the enrollment process is able to be completed online. Take note of all documents that are required and will need to be uploaded to complete your enrollment. Contact our registrar, Erica Nalbach, if you have questions after you complete the enrollment process.
You can find written and video instructions for enrollment on the MISD website here: https://rb.gy/4xk3l
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- Art Night - Art Night is coming up on April 27th rom 5:00-6:30 pm. There will be treats, ceramic plates, Take & Make art kits, and a huge student showcase. Join us!
- WatchDOGS - Click this link for more information, the program presentation from the district, the background form, and the registration form.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at email@example.com. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
- Parent Feedback Form - Any time you want to share your thoughts, you can email, call, or make an appointment to visit. Another way you can provide input is to simply complete our parent feedback form at any time. Your responses are anonymous unless you choose to include your name and/or contact information.
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 457
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate August-March: 94.0%
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 4/3-4/6: 91.8%
- 4/10-4/14: 94.0%
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate (Over 95%) for the Week of 4/10-4/14:
- Mrs. Torman - 100% (Perfect Attendance)
- Ms. Ott - 96.1%
- Mrs. Herzog - 96.0%
- Ms. Jones - 95.5%
- Mrs. Kirk - 95.4%
Staff Shout Outs
You can also submit names straight to the district. Visit Montgomery ISD's Let's Talk tab on the district website https://bit.ly/3xad64c and use the "Share a Positive Story/MISD Shout Out" topic to share something great this educator has done to demonstrate a culture of respect.
Week of April 17: Volunteer Appreciation Week
Tuesday, April 18:
- 5th Grade Reading STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 4/19-4/28)
Wednesday, April 19:
- 4th Grade Reading STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 4/20-4/28)
Thursday, April 20:
- 3rd Grade Reading STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 4/21-4/28)
Friday, April 21:
- Wear Your Spirit Wear
- MISDEF Spring Soiree
- 4/24-4/27: Book Fair!
- 4/25: 5th Grade Science STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 4/19-4/28)
4/25: Progress Reports Released in Skyward
- 4/26: 2nd/3rd GT Field Trip
- 4/27: Art Night - It's going to be great! Make plans to attend! 5:00-6:30 pm
- 4/28: PTO Glow Party 6:00-8:00 pm
- 5/1: School Principals' Day
- 5/2: 5th Grade Math STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 5/3-5/12)
- 5/2: Kdg/1st Gr. GT Field Trip
- 5/3: 4th Grade Math STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 5/4-5/12)
- 5/4: 3rd Grade Math STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 5/5-5/12)
- 5/4: 4th Grade GT Field Trip
- 5/5: PTO Meeting 9:00
- Week of 5/8: Teacher Appreciation Week
- 5/10: National School Nurses' Day
- 5/11: 4th Grade Field Trip
- 5/12: Lincoln's 5-Year Celebration and Pep Rally
- 5/15: 5th Grade GT Field Trip
- 5/16: 4th/5th Choir Show - 6:00 pm
- 5/18: Early Enrollment Students - Newcomer Event 5:00-6:00 pm
- 5/19: Battle of the Books
- 5/19: 3rd Grade Field Trip
- 5/22: MHS Senior Walk
- 5/25: Kindergarten Graduation/Step Up Ceremony 9:00 am
- 5/25: 5th Grade Clap Out/Step Up Ceremony 2:00 pm
- 5/26: Classroom Awards (PK, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th)
- PK - 11:30 am
- 1st - 12:30 pm
- 2nd - 9:45 am
- 3rd - 10:30 am
- 4th - 11:30 am
- 5/26: Last Day of School
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings, and class begins at 8:15. (This is the time students are expected to be in their seats in the classroom.)
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700