By: Katie Pohl
Certifications Necessary to Practice
- National Physical Therapy Examination
- To be a board certified specialists: American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
Physical therapists need a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree. Most programs require a bachelor's degree as well as classes like anatomy, physiology, biology, chemistry, and physics.
- Average Income: $82,390
- Low: $56, 800
- High: $116,090
- Compassion or desire to help people.
- Willingness to use hands to provide manual therapy and therapeutic exercises.
- Physical stamina, because of their time spent on their feet.
- Office of physical, occupational, and speech therapists
- Home healthcare services
Employment of physical therapists is projected to grow 34% from 2014-2024, much faster than the average for all occupations.
Physical Therapist - A Day in the Life