Fact File: Australia
Amazing Asia Fact Book
Country: AustraliaCapital City: Canberra
Region: Oceania, Asia-Pacific
Government: Commonwealth, Parliamentary Democracy
Prime Minister: Maclolm Turnbull
Currency: Australian Dollar
Languages: Predominately English, but due to multiculturalism, Mandarin, Italian, Arabic and Greek are some of the more
Religions: Christian, Orthodox, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, other
Largest Cities: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide
Friday, July 31st, 9am to Tuesday, Aug. 4th, 11pm
Gulkula site, 30 minutes from the township of Nhulunbuy on the Central Arnhem Highway
Five Fun Facts About Australia!
- In the last 5 years, Australia has seen 5 Prime Ministers. That's as old as a kindergartener!
- The highest mountain in Australia is called Mount Kosciuszko, which is 2228m tall.
- Australia has more than 750 reptile species.
- When the first Dutch explorers landed on Australia in 1606, they named it 'New Holland' because it was their 'new' home.
- There are at least 165 'Big Things' in Australia. In case you don't know what that means, we have...The Big Banana, The Big Orange, The Big Merino...and the list goes on!